I am a new Muppet fan

mikealan

Reaction score
HI! I am a new Muppet fan. I made a huge mistake that I wrote about non-Henson characters, because you were confused.

I have so many Muppet and Henson memories, so here they are:
The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhatten, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space, Kermit's Swamp Years, many Muppet Babies episodes on my old tape (which my mom taped them on CBS in 1990 and added part of the Let's Build! video), many Fraggle Rock episodes (I've got ten episodes on video in 1994), Mahna Mahna, Muppet Labs segments including the electric nose warmer, elevator shoes and Beaker eating paper clips (but this one scared the heck out of me), Vet's Hospital segements like Cow, Bunny, Kermit and Gonzo (which they're patients), Pigs In Space episodes: moving seats, the dissolvitron, Link, Strangepork and Piggy became computer-animated and the one where the pigs' heads turn to food, Inchworm by Lenny, I've Got You Under My Skin by an orange monster, Gonzo and Fozzie in the House of Horror, Splurge, Taminella Grinderfall, Hey, Cinderella, The Frog Prince, Kermit decided to let Piggy go, early clips from Sam and Friends including the female Kermit and Sam perform That Old Black Magic Power, Kermit and Harry use visual thinking as letters, numbers, etc. appear, a very short commercial where Wilkins fires Wontkins and says, "Now what do you think of Wilkins?" to us, a hand dancing around the television, or record player, etc. until the other hands destroyed them, Java, Gonzo catching a cannonball, I'm Five by Robin, Gonzo annoys Piggy, Gonzo apologies Piggy for not bothering her anymore and at the end, she punches him, Muppet News skits including Furniture Monsters, Swedish Chef, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem performing "Rockin' Robin", "Love Ya To Death", "Don't Blame the Dynamite", etc., the pigs take over the show, the episode with Rudolf Nureyev where Sam the Eagle wants everything with dignity, Something's Missing, Beaker singing Feelings, Piggy locks Kermit in the old trunk, Kermit fires Piggy, the Koozebanian sketches: the one where two Koozebanians battle, the Koozebanian Phoob turning into Kermit and two Kermits struggle, and the Koozebanian squibble drink, Vendawish skits, Muppet Sports skits with Louis Kazagger, the '69, '70's, '80's and '90's versions of the Sesame Street Theme, Sing, Bein' Green, Rubber Duckie, C Is For Cookie, People In the Neighborhood, One Of these Things, Doin' the Pigeon, Monster in the Mirror, ABC-DEF-GHI, Everyone Makes Mistakes, Somebody Come And Play, the animated dots skits, counting clips by Jim Henson ending with the baker falling down the stairs and spilling the number of cakes or pies, a live film about cleaning and washing, a live film about milk, Kermit's W lecture Parts 1 and 2, the first Gordon putting the faces on the AM's, Sammy the Snake claymation, There's A Bird On Me, Kermit and Joey sing the ABC Cookie Monster, Herbert Birdsfoot, Harvey Kneeslapper, Wanda the Witch (the early W cartoon from the debut episode ending with witches washing wigs on winter Wednesdays), "Lower-case N, standing on a hill", La La La by Bert and Ernie, Would Ya Like to Buy An O?, Everybody Wash, the ladybug picnic (where twelve ladybugs chit chat about the fire incurance and telling knock-knock jokes), the early counting cartoons with ten fingers, ten race cars and ten spies revealing the #'s 1-10, "Said the Alligator King to his seven sons...", Go Ahead And Touch, "Fat,...cat,...sat,...hat", Grover the Waiter, Monsterpiece Theatre, Kermit the Reporter, That's Not Homer, W-Worm toon, Elmo's World (a 15-minute show before Sesame Street ends), preview of Ernie buying a "U" to the early Lefty who had a low Big Bird voice, the pinball machine cartoon (1-2-3/4-5/6-7-8/9-10/11-12!...), the old letter E cartoon about the queen, a seal and an eagle, the O cartoon with the goat, a toad and the bulldozer, Herry and John-John counting up to 20, the behind-the-scenes preview of the Hurricane episodes, "We all live in a capital I", Cowboy X (then at the end, he becomes Cowboy O!), the preview where every grown-up explains that Mr. Hooper isn't coming back to Big Bird, Maria and Luis's Wedding, Maria and Luis's new baby.

These are my memories. Please make sure that I can go back on this message board!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya, Welcome back...not that I'm sure you were removed?

FOZ

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Wow,that's quite a memory bank you have there.Glad to see your here to share that with us.Welcome.

jediX

Reaction score
You guys did notice that this thread is from 2002, right?

hdofu

Reaction score
You came to the right place for Muppet Fandom.