1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Plaid Fraggle

Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

This is probably true, but I would definitely say (as you've touched on) that it's highly unlikely that this film wouldn't get distributed somehow.

2. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Don't worry. I'm sure that we will know something as soon as possible. Right now the guys who made the film have a lot of other things to focus on, what with the premiers and with interviews. They'll get a distributor without a doubt. We just need to be patient and remember that some things cannot be rushed.

By the way, is there anyone on this forum who went to see the premiere in Toronto? How was the movie from your perspectives?

3. zns

zns Well-Known Member

muppetlover123 likes this.
  4. Rymoore21

Rymoore21 Active Member

The film was incredible! It was so nice to get to meet some fellow MuppetCentral people and especially amazing to meet Caroll and Debbie. Here are a few pictures from the event.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

WalterLinz, MikaelaMuppet and zns like this.
  5. zns

zns Well-Known Member

They're planning more screenings now and here they are:

AFI DOCS FESTIVAL
    DATE TIME VENUE
    Sun., June 21 1:45 PM Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery (DC)
    Sun., June 22 11:00 AM AFI Silver Theatre (MD)
    Caroll Spinney and filmmakers expected to attend. Get tickets HERE on June 2nd!

6. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

If they can't find a regular distributor, they'll probably put it up on Netflix or a similar streaming website.

7. zns

zns Well-Known Member

They recently said in a Kickstarter update a few weeks ago that they have been getting positive feedback from distributors. That should definitely be saying something. We just need to have confidence and hope for the best.

CopperPot Pictures....... if you guys are reading this, we hope that it works out for you getting a DVD release of this film.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Any updates?

9. zns

zns Well-Known Member

They have more film showings coming up in place such as Philadelphia and Brooklyn. They're also still working on getting a DVD distributor and they apologize for the wait.

10. D'Snowth

So... is it not receiving a nation-wide theatrical release like they were hoping for?

11. zns

zns Well-Known Member

NEWS UPDATE

"I Am Big Bird" has finally reached a distribution deal. CopperPot Pictures has just announced that they have made a deal with Tribecca Film for a worldwide theatrical release and DVD release for the first quarter of 2015. While it is still too early to make any further announcements on the update, it is good news for all of us who donated to the Kickstarter campaign, so we will soon be notified as to when we will receive our rewards. More updates soon to follow.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/sesame-street-i-am-big-bird-documentary-tribeca-film-862574/

12. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Awesome pictures!

13. D'Snowth

Finally!!! :excited: :excited: :excited:

14. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to attending the NYC premiere in a few weeks. My husband and I just got tix!

15. hooperfan

hooperfan Member

I hope the film has some scenes from the early days of Sesame Street...stuff that hasn't surfaced in recent years

MikaelaMuppet and zns like this.
  16. zns

zns Well-Known Member

17. hooperfan

hooperfan Member

Can't wait to see the footage that's used :wisdom:

zns and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  18. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Yaaayyy a Caroll Spinney documentary!!:wisdom: He definitely deserved to have one.:) This looks sweet and interesting, I see it's a lot different than Being Elmo.:)

It'd be interesting to hear Caroll narrate about his many experiences from his childhood to his beginnings of Sesame to little behind the scenes stories to just simply working with a fellow bird and grouch.:)

I'm also excited to see all the little (rare) behind the scenes clips and home videos of his life outside Sesame Street. All in all, I for sure can tell that I will be quite moved and inspired the time I'll see this film.:)

zns and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  19. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Here's Copperpot's YouTube page. If you haven't seen there videos yet, now is your chance to. https://www.youtube.com/user/copperpotpics/videos

WalterLinz likes this.
  20. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

zns likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.