I broke Piggy

scarecroe

Reaction score
I broke her arm right off.

The left one to be exact (this is on the EB exclusive Piggy, by the way). Thinking that it should rotate like the right one and that it just needed to have the stiffness taken out of it, I fiddled and wiggled with it a few times. I came back to it after a little bit and felt it looser thinking for sure this time that it just needed to be coerced into moving. It moved all right. Right off her body.

I really figured it would be fully articulated. The left arm could move up and down outwardwise, but not forward and backwardwise like the right arm could.

All this after having to settle on getting just her out of the full set that was shipped in pieces from EBGames.com (the rest should arrive tomorrow). So yeah, I had only EB Piggy out of the full Series One line and I broke her.

So what's the best type of glue to use? I'm not an action figure person and don't really know the best way to go about repairing her.

Do I get points for being the first consumer to break one?

Luke

Reaction score
* Note To Anybody From Palisades :- Put Hands Over Eyes Now*

Can't you just return it to EB and say it arrived broken or you just touched it and it fell off ?

Speaking of which - why are we hearing a fair few reports of figures arriving broken, them being easily broken, and in the Muppet Central reviews, them arriving scratched, shoddily painted or with nicks in them ?

If Ken didn't have his hands over his eyes i'd ask him to go and spank his monkey figure makers in Hong Kong !

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Well, you might be the first to break the exclusive Piggy, but someone broke Dr. Teeth's nose off and someone else had Bunsen's glasses broken. I think there was also a limb problem, but I don't remember which figure or if it was an arm or a leg.

I'm not an action figure person either, but I'd go with super glue-- in a very small amount.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
By my count, there have been several "limb problems" so far, including one missing-altogether-foot, and several loose or broken off (but apparently able to be reattached) feet and hands. Judging from these reports, I would say that the figures are more fragile than one would reasonably think. I don't think you are to blame for breaking the Pig, and would certainly pursue an exchange!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Problem with the Robot Rabbit

Well I almost tore the little fella's left arm off trying to get it to rotate. Is it supposed to? I tried to losen it many ways and finally (and carfully) used a razorblade. It rotates kind of, but that's because it's falling off. No biggie - it will probably stay on if I don't bug with him more, but I'll likely get some super glue and dab it in the socket.

Great figures otherwise. The boa's rather fluffy, but I tamed that by lightly spraying it with water.

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I feel so bad for whoever it was who had the Dr. Teeth whose nose fell off, but I couldn't help but laugh at the visual image that it brought to mind. LOL

Reminds of Ernie using Bert's nose for his sculpture. :big_grin:

FER SURE

Reaction score
That was my Dr. Teeth that had nose problems. I laughed myself silly. It was one of the funniest things. The fig is fine cause the nose was molded as a seperate piece. I kinda wish I hadn't glued it back in, cause as someone mentioned it's a great variant play feature.

Joggy

Reaction score
A little suggestion: Perhaps the package should have a few "instructions". Like on the old Ghostbuster figures. Two or three photos that show what the figure can do (arrows to show which direction the arms and legs can go, etc). I think it would be much handier than such large photos of the Muppets or their figures, seeing the problems.

Either that or someone here should make a Palisades Dos and Don'ts website. "Don't move Piggy's left arm forward". "Don't move Robot Rabbit's limbs" "Don't try to move facial parts" "Don't play with them at all, these are NOT toys" :wink:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Regarding the few problems you guys have had. Hate to say it, but that's an inherent problem with action figures. Not all, but some. Depends on how you make them. The more sophisticated the figure, the more opportunity for small defects to appear from time to time in the figure. The simpler the figure, the less opportunity for breaking. Kermit seems to have less problems than the others, primarily because he is a simpler figure. The more joints, plastic types, paint and all that...the more likely you will get a few more defects than on other toys.

The solution? Returns. If something breaks, return the item. It's expected. The guy who broke his Piggy left arm was a freak occurance...but some of the other reports just remind me of the fact that you have these problems on small little arms with joints and what not.

It's sort of a D if you do, D if you don't though in this business. If you leave out joints or cooler things you get flak for making the figures too simple...if you make them more complicated you have the occassional break.

Not a great explanation...but them's be the facts.

Ken

dlphntat

Reaction score
I've run into a similar situation with McFarlane toys. On various figures, I've had hands breaking, accessories breaking, etc.
So, I'd believe Lilly. If anyone would know, it'd be him.
(BTW, can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on a set of these figures!)