I can't believe my musical theatre group is doing the Muppets

beakyscience

Reaction score
my musical theatre group is doing muppets Christmas carol. i can't believe it. it may have been because i sent them a letter saying we could do some muppet but i never believed that we would actually do any of them. so we have auditions for parts and i got the part of gonzo i cant believe that they listened to me.

i am playing an awesome muppet but I'm kind of nervous for it. like fozzie:embarrassed: i dont take rejection well and i dont want to mess the voice or character up. do you have any tips on how to play the chracater of gonzo, (or more accurately charles dickens ) ?

Lman

Reaction score
cool! i wish my theater group would do something like that! but insted of asking us how to do :concern:, ask Dave. lol :laugh:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Out of all there movies Christmases Carol is the one that is most like a play. You got the biggest Muppet role as well great job!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Sweet! I wish my chorus, or at least my high school show choir, did something muppet related when I was a member!

You'll do great!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well you might not be able to ask Dave directly but there are tons of interviewers from him. Also behind the scene s stuff as well.

beakyscience

Reaction score
Ok a little update on this. so the performance is today and i am so excited and its not just the theatre group any more. the bands, guitars, ukulele's, choir at the performance centre are doing something muppety its absolutely fantastic!

I'm still super nervous we have gone through so many script changes and song changes. the girl playing Rizzo has changed and its just really nerve racking. what really amazing is that everyone is doing something with the muppets especially on our last year when were open. i can't believe i have had this honour and i really want to do Gonzo justice