1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

I don't like Clifford, do you?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Aaron, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

Well Do Ya

2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yes, I do

3. turlem

turlem New Member

yeah, a welcome addition to the muppets, considering you're a rowlf fan i'd figure you'd like him he's another musical muppet outside of the mayhem. also, he wears the burden of MT, but that wasn't his fault, he's a great character, just not a great host

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I do like Clifford. I liked him better when he was a little more wild-eyed (with sunglasses on, heh heh)--like in JHH and Muppets From Space than on MT, but he's cool on MT also. Didn't you see him with Paula Abdul?? THAT was a cool sketch!

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Exactly. Clifford just came on too strong in MT, but he's great. I cannot wait to get him as an action figure. I hope he makes a come back in the next project.

6. Fozzie Bear

But as Clifford, not MT-emcee-Clifford.

7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

He grew on me. First like a bad wart, then like a cute little freckle. Was that too graphic? :D

8. Fozzie Bear

Urp! :grouchy: Blech!

9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Actually, since I don't remember JHH too well, I'd have to say that I liked "Muppets Tonight!" Clifford. He was an okay host, but I agree that Kermit would have been much better. I actually prefer him without sunglasses for some reason.

10. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Are you sure you don't mean Clifford the big red dog?

11. froggiegirl18

froggiegirl18 New Member

Clifford is an awesome character

I think Clifford is a great character..I remember the very first time I saw him...I think I was around age five..but I remember seeing him in one of the sketches and I have loved the character ever since...even though he looks like a cat fish..jk...You can defin. see Kevin's other side in it. As for Muppets tonight it fit him more than Kermit just because he had that leadership quality. I wish they still aired the show because I miss watching it...I watched it every single time it was on..well that and the dinosaurs.

-Sandee-

12. jediX

jediX Active Member

Since we are on the topic of Clash characters, what ever happened to Leon? He was awesome.

Clifford was alright on MT; my best assumption to why he was picked was because Kermit has hosted virtually every other prime time series. MT just gets a bad rep, for some reson. I dunno, I've always liked it...not as much as TMS or JHH, but it wasn't BAD or anything. They developed a working persona for Cliff.... seeing as before this he was pretty much just a bass player without much character development.

13. Drtooth

I agree with you and Jedix...

MT wasn't half as good as TMS, anyway. I mean, Clifford was an okay host, no Kermit, but if it were Pepe, Johnny, Sal, whoever, we'd scold them for taking the frog's spot.

I liked Clifford as he was in the Walt Disney World Special. I wish he could stay with the band. But he was also good in MFS. To me, the new characters like him and pepe saved the film for me.

I love me Clifford, and I wish I actually bought the Beach party CD. He's one of my favorite Kevin Clash characters besides Elliot Shag (a Muppet cartoonist... I love him!)

14. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

I like him, the first time I saw him was when I was a wee lad and it was on Muppet Sing-A-Longs: It's not Easy Bein' Green" :)

15. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I'm with the main group here.

Good character
    Got too big too fast

16. jediX

jediX Active Member

I liked the "new" Mayhem band from the WDW special. What did Cliff play in that? I know he was bass in the "Solid Foam" band in JHH (produced by Dr. Teeth:D). Just throw my ol' pal Digit in there and you have one awesome band.

17. Drtooth

And he wasn't even in AVMMCM... sigh... he got so big too fast, he fell...
    Elmo nothing. I think he was one of Clash's best characters.

18. turlem

turlem New Member

aparantly that was only cuz he was busy, and i agree, i hate elmo and clifford's great, stange hunh?

19. Fozzie Bear

I didn't notice that Clifford wasn't in VMX at all...odd. I could have handled it if he was. I like him.

I don't dislike Elmo, either. I like him.

20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Have you seen the previews of Elf? It has the guy hiding behind a huge display of Elmos. Cracks me up. :)