I don't like my parents

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, Katzi's old enough to be your mom, I'm old enough to be your dad, but we would still expect the same respect your parents expect from you.

You follow the rules, things go fine. Break the rules, get ready to be disciplined.
Everything your parents do for you/to you, even if it seems unfair, is to prepare you for what the real world is going to be like. What future bosses or teachers will expect from you. That's a parent's job.

And your parents won't be around forever (I lost my dad too eight years ago).
They won't always be there to drive you, cook for you, do your laundry, keep you out of trouble, etc. But if they bring you up right, you're supposed to be able to go out in the world and make your own mark, be independent, self-sufficient. That's what every parent wants for their kid.

Maybe, just maybe, in 20, 30, 40 years... you might be in charge of taking care of THEM. There comes a time when parents get so old they can't take care of themselves anymore, and it might be your job to take care of their needs.

Not trying to shake you up, but give you a dose of reality. For people as old as Katzi and myself, we've been able to see for a good number of years how life works.

You'll have to find out soon enough.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Yes, Katzi's old enough to be your mom, I'm old enough to be your dad, but we would still expect the same respect your parents expect from you.

You follow the rules, things go fine. Break the rules, get ready to be disciplined.
Everything your parents do for you/to you, even if it seems unfair, is to prepare you for what the real world is going to be like. What future bosses or teachers will expect from you. That's a parent's job.

And your parents won't be around forever (I lost my dad too eight years ago).
They won't always be there to drive you, cook for you, do your laundry, keep you out of trouble, etc. But if they bring you up right, you're supposed to be able to go out in the world and make your own mark, be independent, self-sufficient. That's what every parent wants for their kid.

Maybe, just maybe, in 20, 30, 40 years... you might be in charge of taking care of THEM. There comes a time when parents get so old they can't take care of themselves anymore, and it might be your job to take care of their needs.

Not trying to shake you up, but give you a dose of reality. For people as old as Katzi and myself, we've been able to see for a good number of years how life works.

You'll have to find out soon enough.
You are not shaking me up at all. And sorry for your loss by the way.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Don't worry. Everything will be fine just go an apologize for what happened and they will forgive what happened yes you will still be in trouble but just admit what happened and it makes them think you are starting to act more mature.

I know some time I would get in lots of trouble or even get upset at things my parents would tell me but I would some times expect it. Just think before you do something. Yeah I some times will react to something before thinking which then causes something bad to happen but most of the time I try and think before doing anything.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Don't worry. Everything will be fine just go an apologize for what happened and they will forgive what happened yes you will still be in trouble but just admit what happened and it makes them think you are starting to act more mature.

I know some time I would get in lots of trouble or even get upset at things my parents would tell me but I would some times expect it. Just think before you do something. Yeah I some times will react to something before thinking which then causes something bad to happen but most of the time I try and think before doing anything.
Thank you for saying that. You just made me feel a little bit better about the whole thing.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thank you for saying that. You just made me feel a little bit better about the whole thing.
Welcome dude! Glad I could make you feel a little better. I know how parents can be but I also know they just want you to be happy but you do something wrong or break something they will punish you. Plus do something nice for them. Like wash the dishes some times or try and pick up after them too.

I know my parents enjoy when I clean up after them. Like if they've made dinner, lunch or breakfast some times I'll say (just so I can clean off the last of the meal) let me take over and I'll clean up. My mom loves me to do that. So then she can go and rest or even do something she wants to do. I even do my own laundry too. I normally just wash everything together but that's me. I even clean my own room and my bathroom too. I know I might be sounding more like an adult but I can act so immature. But I just try and help around the house. That's how I'm able to go and do stuff on my own with out them getting mad if I'm spending my own money.

Ok enough rambling from me. Talk to you later and just take some extra time to do stuff for others. Peace Out dude!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Welcome dude! Glad I could make you feel a little better. I know how parents can be but I also know they just want you to be happy but you do something wrong or break something they will punish you. Plus do something nice for them. Like wash the dishes some times or try and pick up after them too.

I know my parents enjoy when I clean up after them. Like if they've made dinner, lunch or breakfast some times I'll say (just so I can clean off the last of the meal) let me take over and I'll clean up. My mom loves me to do that. So then she can go and rest or even do something she wants to do. I even do my own laundry too. I normally just wash everything together but that's me. I even clean my own room and my bathroom too. I know I might be sounding more like an adult but I can act so immature. But I just try and help around the house. That's how I'm able to go and do stuff on my own with out them getting mad if I'm spending my own money.

Ok enough rambling from me. Talk to you later and just take some extra time to do stuff for others. Peace Out dude!
I will make sure to try.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
WhoseLineFan I know you might be upset for those reasons but you never Ever say you don't like your parents because God forbid it comes back to bite you arse.

And no offense but they do seem pretty poor reasons to not like your parents
I'm not happy at my mother right now. I slammed the iPad down in front of her because I want the iPad all the time and she won't let me have it. I got into an argument/fight about it which ended at me yelling at her and I told her to leave me alone. Now she is going to tell my father about it and I will most likely get punished for the situation. She also said that it's my fault that I erased my iPod Touch back in October of last year and the NOOK HD+ almost 2 weeks ago. I wish that I never erased both of those things because the only electronic devices I have now are the computer and my NOOK e-reader. I really regret doing both of those things now, but it was my choice to do so. Now, everything is my fault but my mother says that it's not true. I just don't like her at all sometimes. Yesterday, she said that she wished that I never erased my iPod Touch and my NOOK HD+. I had to erase both of those devices because I added way too many things to them and both were slow and acting up. If I didn't have so many things on them, I wouldn't have to worry about anything bad happening to them. Now I am so bothered by what just happened that it's all is what's on my mind right now. I don't like my father either. He yells, swears, and screams at me to the point where I cry a lot. I just don't know what to do. What should I do?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
WhoseLineFan I know you might be upset for those reasons but you never Ever say you don't like your parents because God forbid it comes back to bite you arse.

And no offense but they do seem pretty poor reasons to not like your parents
I just can't help it. My parents and I always get into arguments/fights a lot and just now, one of those things happened.