I Don't Wanna Be A Bride (A FloydxJanice Songfic Oneshot)

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I'm taking a quick break for Rock of Broadway to write my first Songfic Oneshot. And what better way to do this songfic with is with FloydxJanice. The song is called "I Don't Wanna Be A Bride" by Vanessa Carlton. I really thought this song would fit them. This story takes place before "The Muppets." This story is a little dark and has some suggestive lyrics, so this story is Rated PG
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN THE MUPPETS! They are property to Jim Henson, The Muppets Studios and The Walt Disney Company!
Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It happened. Janice and all five of the members of The Electric Mayhem knew it wasn't going to last long. Even all of the other Muppets knew this wasn't going to last long either, despite them being happy for them. And it happened so quickly, too.

Within 72 hours or so, Kermit and Miss Piggy called their marriage quits and went their separate ways. Everyone was upset, yes, but they all knew it was coming. Sooner or later.

A few days later, Janice started to question her long time relationship with Floyd. He loves her, yes. He cares for her, yes. He never played hard to get, unlike Kermit.
"I like your company
Got a fresh philosophy
Never knew
Such a gentlemen
You can take me on a cheap vacation
I don't wanna have expectations 'cause you
Could be the end of me"

But something has been bugging Janice lately. Whenever Floyd sees her, he always seems nervous and lost for words. The songs that he's been singing and playing on his bass guitar have been seemingly romantic love songs.
"And I don't need a house on a hill
A swing on a tree
Grandfather Clock
Porcelain for tea
A garden
With rose and Jasmine
Gonna get drunk on a bottle of wine
No better way to pass the time
Forever by your side"

"Could it, like, be?" Janice thought in her head. She didn't want to dare mention what might come next. She didn't want to mention the one word that clouds her bright head. Marriage.
"But I don't wanna be a bride
Apologies to your mother
I wanna be your girl
And spend this life with you
But I don't wanna wear white
You know it's too late for that
But can we keep the ever after?
Could it be"

After learning of Kermit and Miss Piggy's quick divorce, Janice is just scared that if she and Floyd get married, they might divorce days later, or, like, worse! HOURS LATER! Maybe even quicker than Kermit and Miss Piggy. Janice didn't want to imagine what pain Miss Piggy must be feeling right now. She glanced over at the nearby calender. "Uh oh!" She thought "Speaking of Floyd, I think I'm, like, totally late right now for our date!" Janice always loved her and Floyd's Friday Night Dates. They would drive up to the end of the cliff valley (You know where lovers go....), have a couple of beers, gaze up at the stars, and reminisce on life. They always thought that this was their way of getting away from it all.
"Don't need no golden ring
It'd be no match for the love it brings
From London
To Tennessee
We could
Catch a train to another life
On a whim, under the moonlight
I promise you
Will you promise me?"

Floyd didn't care at all that Janice was a few minutes late. He was just so laid back about most things when it comes to her. He was never possessive, nor was she. Even though Floyd has flirted with a few girls, Janice didn't care. As long as, in his heart, Floyd still deeply is crazy for Janice. She's his main squeeze, as he likes to call it.
" Our last names on a wooden sign
Arm in arm, where the river starts to wide
Forever by your side"

As the sun started setting over the horizon, Floyd and Janice, already only have drunken one beer and the moon wasn't even out yet, relaxed on the hood of Floyd's car. Her head on his shoulder, while his arm was around her. "Babe?" Floyd called to her. "Yes?" Janice replied. "Do you love me?" he asked. "Fer sure." Janice replied. "With all your heart and soul?" "Mhhhm" However, in her mind, Janice started to get a little worried. She's afraid tonight would be the night he would propose to her......
"But I don't wanna be a bride
Apologies to each other
I wanna be your girl
And spend this life with you
But I don't wanna wear white
You know it's too late for that
But can we keep the ever after
Oh could it be
Just you and me"

"Then I just want to give you this," Floyd said and opened a box containing a beautiful silver chained necklace with a key chained guitar on it. Janice couldn't believe it. "No ring?" she thought. But Janice couldn't believe how beautiful the necklace was. "Oh my gosh, Floyd! It's so beautiful!" "I'm glad you like it,babe" Floyd said. "Poured my heart and soul into it. And money, too. These things don't come cheap anymore, ya know." Floyd proceeded to put the necklace on Janice, whom is still amazed at the necklace but is shocked he didn't give her a ring.
" We will live like kings
Under lavender
Skies
Skies
We will live like kings
Under lavender
Skies
Skies"

"Floyd, there's something I like really need to tell you," Janice said, finally. "What's up, babe?" Floyd asked. Janice took a deep breath and said "I've been thinking, like lately....about the whole divorce thing between Kermit and Miss Piggy. I'm just really worried that.....if you and I ever get married........" "If you and I ever get married, what?" Floyd wondered. Janice said softly "....that the whole thing....would fall apart. It wouldn't work out." Floyd stared at her for a moment, and then finally laughed. "Married? Us? I don't ever want to get married." Floyd said. "I want to be free and do what I want and still have you by my side, babe. I feel sorry for the poor frog for taking the marriage vow to that hog princess in the first place." That made both him and Janice laugh. Janice was happy that Floyd doesn't want to get married so fast. To realize that there's still so much to do in life and they can't waste any of it. As long as they have each other, without any of the sense of responsibility, they feel as though they're on top of the world.
"We will build a pole and then catch a ride
Wrapped our love in golden twine
We wrote
We wrote a legacy
Just you and me"

"I love you, Floyd," Janice said. "And I love you, too, babe," Floyd said. The two shared a passionate kiss as the stars are filling the dark night sky.
"Just like kings under lavender
Skies
Skies
We will"
---------------The End------------------------
Wasn't that sweet? How'd you guys like it? It's my first time writing a songfic oneshot so....yeah.