I finished it...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
NOTE: Ok before you read this, please know that I'm very bad at sharing feelings but am desperate for sleep at the moment and I thought this might work.

OK, so this is going to seem silly to all of you I bet, but I need somewhere to vent a little.

I've been having a lot of issues lately. I hate my college but can't do a thing about it because they gave me a full ride. I can never tell my parents that because they're glad their Methodist daughter is going to a good Methodist school (for free). I've also recently ended a very emotionally abusing relationship and am dealing with some health problems.

Now I've never been one to stay down and out, so I've always picked something and placed it on some huge throne. That one thing would be what keeps me going. I've had many other things as 'goals' but over the past three years, it's been one thing, Quantum Leap.

Call me nuts, but Quantum Leap has gotten me through a lot. When I felt a certain way, I could always pull out the DVDs and find an episode that put things in perspective. I even put an unrealistic reliability on it all. When I needed a cry, I could watch horrors Al endured, or when I needed a good laugh, I could watch Sam leap into some of the silliest things. Al and Sam were kinda the support I had been lacking from my family.

Today was rough. I had a school reunion yesterday and was put down for where I go to school (like I had a choice). Seeing my friends was even depressing, as they all went to the same colleges and all of a sudden, I was left out of everything. I couldn't sleep last night because I cried so much. Today I had a Dr. Appt and was told that all the pain I've been experiencing has no cure. Trust me, I know there are people worse off, but to know that there is no cure to something I'm sure there would be was a horrible blow.

And I don't know why I did it, but my brother and I decided to finish the final season of Quantum Leap today. All of a sudden, it seems like the support I had has been ripped out from under me. I know this is silly, but Al and Sam have been my family.

So now I'm just rambling. I don't expect anyone to read this, but since I'm here, I want to say that if you haven't seen any Quantum Leap, you need to. Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell do such an amazing job.

If you're ever in Oklahoma, I'd gladly host a marathon.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey Sarah. You don't need to apologize for venting, nor think that no one will read this. If Quantum-Leap have always been your second-family, well MC has been mine and I know we care enough to listen and if we can help in any way, we will.

I'm sorry about your relationship ending...that always sucks (to put it lightly), but ultimately you have to figure you did the right thing.

As for school, eech, that sure is a bit of a blow...but I know your optimism and passion for life can over-come that. I'm sure you'll find friends there. I have confidence in you. :big_grin:

Man, I'm sorry for your health problems. I've been lucky enough in life not to have anything serious...so I don't know what you're going through, but if I did, I'd say, "I know how you feel" and give you a hug. I guess just a hug will have to do. *hugs*

On another note, this is MC! We don't find things weird! If QL has helped you, that's great! And I'm sorry it ended...darn those studio executives for not making more...but isn't the thing with QL that he jumps back and forth in time? Can't you just leap back yourself and watch it from the beginning again?

*hugs again*

Bea:zany:{Or...start watching Enterprise instead :halo:}regard

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Sarah Y... Since I don't rully know what to say, but I want you to know you're always welcome here on MC...
Here, something I think you'll like...

*Deposits a muffin basket for Sarah Y, filled with those fluffy doughy things of various flaves and craves.

And I too enjoyed QL throughout it's run, though I've not seen it in it's entirety, at least not the last season I think... Then again, I could be wrong.

Oh, to clarify Bo... Yes, he does leap about through time, but there are some rules.
Initially, the rules are that he can only leap as far back as the date on which he was born. But there have been a few exceptions, rationalized away, though in truth the only limit to how far back he can leap through time is his own conscious/subconscious desire to be any type of person in any timeline.

And Sarah Y, don't think your entire supportive foundation's gone... Just think of it as finishing the series, but still able to leap back and enjoy the epsiodes in whatever order you want. But if you want a specific episode to rebolster your support foundation, I recommend the one where Sam leaps into Al when he was still a young navy cadet under military trial for the death of the admiral's wife. Sam's support got blown in that episode as well, replaced by something completely foreign to him... Roddy McDowell. But through diligent perserverance, his faithful second was restored and I'm sure yours will too.

*Hugs to you Sarah Y, and hope you'll leap back to us some day.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sarah Y, I used to whached that show every week and then every day when it ran on syndication and I can understand how it can help you get through a tough time. I have shows like that myself. We at the MC want to be here for you to and trust me, it's one of the reasons where all here, too.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Do you know what keeps me going? Vanilla pudding in the shape of Richard Nixon. I mean, you gotta respect a man more when he's immortalized in pudding right? That's how I wanna be remembered, don't carve statues or name anything after me. Just do a sculpture of me in vanilla pudding. Either that or Tapioca....yeah, tapioca brings out the chocolate pudding in my hair and the bulges in my stomach. But anyways, I hope that everything that happiness brings finds you soon, and you always have the DVDs, so you can start over at the beginning now that you have finished em all. I'm pretty sure that they didn't have only 2 seasons.

Daniel

Super Scooter

Reaction score
First: Quantum Leap is a great show, and my absolute favorite episode is when he leaps back into himself and plays John Lennon's "Imagine" for his little sister.

Second: I love you, Sarah. You've been a good friend, and a sweet and wonderful person. I can't say "I know what you're going through", but I can say that I've had a great deal of difficulties lately, and I can tell you from experience that (most) things do get better, and if they don't, there's always something to help you through them. I'm not very good with words when trying to help other people out, but if you ever need anything at all, even just a listening ear (or even a punching bag), know that I'm there for you... well, not literally there, but here... and you know my email... and IM... and now I feel like I'm screwing this up. Anyway, I said there's always something to help you through it. I would gladly help in anyway possible, as I'm sure many others would be as well.

I wish I knew what else to say that would help. But all I can think of right now is this: Just know that we're all your friends. And also, know that most DVD players come with a rewind button. :smile: :wink: :smile:

(((HUGS)))

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"What is this, okay? What are we doing? Oh, I see. Sheering up Sarah. Gotcha, gotcha, gotcha, I'm all over this one, okay. *ahem* Hola! My name is Pepe, and I am here to sheer up Sarah. So, sheer up, okay! Over the years, ju may have noticed that I am a very sexy King Prawn. How does this not sheer ju up, okay? Ju talk about Al and Sam, when all ju need is a real man, okay."

*Pepe flexes his muscles*

"Anyway, anyway, I too like the Gundam Leaping. Is very good, okay. Is very good. Though, sometimes, I worry that when I say Gundam Leaping, peoples think I am saying something else, which they say Muppens are not supposed to be saying, so I don't say Gundam Leapings anymore, okay.... oh... it's no Gundam Leaping? "Chuantum" Leaping? What is this, okay? Is this Yiddish? I did not know you spoke it, okay. ... "Quantum"? Are ju aloud to say that on a family forum? I suppose if you want to be talking about birth controls, I... No? ... Quantum, quantum... No, I don't- I don't understand. What does this "Quantum" mean, okay? ... So, it's Quantum Leaping? ... Not Leaping? Just Leap. Quantum Leap. I don't think I've ever seen this show, okay. Do they show it in this countries? Are ju sure it's not Canadian, okay? ... Ah-ha. Si, si, I see. No, I've never seen it, okay. I've seen this one show where they guys jumpin' around all over everywhere in peoples, on peoples, around peoples, but I don't think I ever seen that one, okay. Anyway, I'm sure ju feel better, Sarahs, and ju write to Pepe, I write to ju, we'll have ourselves a party, and I'll be sexy, and I'll see if Bills can come too, okay."

:rolleyes:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Ya'll are great. I have a dinner with family tonight, but I popped in MC first.

Today has been alright. We'll see how this family dinner goes.

Thank ya'll again and I'll give a full update when I return from dinner.

PS, Count that is SUCH a good episode! I just got a Zune and I'm trying to figure out how to get my favorite episodes on there, and that WILL be one of them! MIA (the episode where Al tries to get Sam to save his first marriage) is probably my favorite one however...although I cry like a baby each time I watch it.

And thank you Justin for bringing in Pepe.

I really must get to going before I'm late!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... And I know the episode you speak of, the April Fool's Day or April 1st Episode.
You're late, you're late... For a very important date.
No time to say hello goodbye, you're late, you're late, you're late!

Although... If you were to be late, I suppose you could always leap into yourself from a few minutes earlier and be on time.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Such a good memory, Count! The leap in there is great! Maybe before I hit the sack I'll watch those two episodes.

I could go on about the subject all day, I promise!

But I am doing much better today. I'm getting away from my family for a few days, and I'm very excited about it (even though my parents are FAR less enthused). I'm road tripping with friends, so it should be fun! Learning to break away from my parents bit by bit is hard. It's emotionally frustrating, but I'm getting to the point where I cannot please them anymore, because they want my attention 24/7.

Luckily enough, my legs/back have not been giving me much trouble today. Let's hope things subside a bit. I don't want driving to be too painful tomorrow.

Ya'll are the best!

Sarah