"I Get There" appreciation thread

Princeton

Reaction score
I've recently falen in love with this song. I love the James Taylor-y feel of the music and how hapy Shelley's friends are to see him in the end. Who else loves this great song?

http://youtu.be/-DvK-oE8mR0

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of James Taylor, but I too like this song... something about it, the music, the melody, the lyrics, the whole thing seems to me like a song from Bunny Picnic, IMO.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I really like it and it sorta rings true to life. Whenever I'm in a car passing through various places, I don't really notice the environment I'm going through. But, when I go for a walk in that area, I notice things I wouldn't see when going by in a car.

Princeton

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of James Taylor, but I too like this song... something about it, the music, the melody, the lyrics, the whole thing seems to me like a song from Bunny Picnic, IMO.
Plus, Shelley and his friends are having a picnic, so it's full circle.:laugh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's a shame Shelley didn't last too awfully long on the show... late 80s/early 90s apparently. I know there have been some fans who felt he had a lot more potential than he was given credit for; there are some good moments of him on YouTube, including him practicing running a turtle marathon (with the same background music as "Chariots of Fur"), and a street scene from Season 22 or 23, I believe, involving him being afraid of Barkley.

ssetta

Reaction score
I love this song as well, and I see what everyone is saying. And I can sort of relate, because I often see and do things at a rather slow pace. Some of my friends are happy to see me when I see them, I just don't see them very often, and I never get invited to any picnics or parties.