1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"I Get There" appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Princeton, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Princeton Active Member

I've recently falen in love with this song. I love the James Taylor-y feel of the music and how hapy Shelley's friends are to see him in the end. Who else loves this great song?

2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of James Taylor, but I too like this song... something about it, the music, the melody, the lyrics, the whole thing seems to me like a song from Bunny Picnic, IMO.
  3. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I really like it and it sorta rings true to life. Whenever I'm in a car passing through various places, I don't really notice the environment I'm going through. But, when I go for a walk in that area, I notice things I wouldn't see when going by in a car.
  4. Princeton Active Member

Plus, Shelley and his friends are having a picnic, so it's full circle.:laugh:
  5. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's a shame Shelley didn't last too awfully long on the show... late 80s/early 90s apparently. I know there have been some fans who felt he had a lot more potential than he was given credit for; there are some good moments of him on YouTube, including him practicing running a turtle marathon (with the same background music as "Chariots of Fur"), and a street scene from Season 22 or 23, I believe, involving him being afraid of Barkley.
  6. ssetta Active Member

I love this song as well, and I see what everyone is saying. And I can sort of relate, because I often see and do things at a rather slow pace. Some of my friends are happy to see me when I see them, I just don't see them very often, and I never get invited to any picnics or parties.
  7. Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Lol. Welcome to my world.