I get to work at the Great Movie Ride!!

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I'm so excited, I just had to share the news with everyone I know and don't know!

Next week I am training to be a tour guide at the Great Movie Ride here in Walt Disney World! And they also just made me a trainer in my area too!! YEA!!!!

Now I'm really sad that I've only got 2 months left here before I go back to school in Minnesota because I'm working on one of my 2 favorite attractions (Muppetvision 3D was full, or I would have trained there.)

Sorry- just had to share the news.

We now return you to your regularily scheduled program.

Jeremy

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Jeremy! Let us know how it goes.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Congratulations!

It's too bad Muppetvison was full, though. Too bad. But, anyway, I hope you've had fun! Like Phil said, keep us posted!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
You are SOOOOOOO LUCKY!!!! The Great Movie Ride is one of my all time favorite WDW rides!!!!! Have an awesome time! Are you leaving at the end of July then?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Hey Jeremy, I've got another question for you. Where you down there last August? If so, how busy is it towards the end of the month, like the second to last week? Thanks! I hope your're enjoying The Great Movie ride!!!!:big_grin: :excited:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Well, August is usually a busy month, but so is June and we haven't been as busy as we should be right now.

I wasn't here last August, but I've talked to some people who were. It's busy, but the crowds are managable. Especially because people are getting ready to go back to school at that time.

Just got my script for the Movie Ride the other day - it's 50 pages long! I've already got some chunks of it memorized:

"Welcome Aboard! At this time I'd like to ask that everyone remain seated for the entire show, and to please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all time. Also, for the safety of our cast, we ask that you please refrain from flash photography and external video lighting. Now that we've taken care of busines..... Let's talk about ME! My name is Jeremy, and I'll be your host for this magical journey into the movies! Is everybody ready?"

I start doing shows a week from Sunday - I start training this Sunday.

Jeremy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Good luck on memorizing 50 pages of script, man!! GEEZ!!

Congratulations on the job, too; be sure to put in for MV3D so when it becomes available they'll call you!!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Yes! Good luck with the 50 pages! But you're still so lucky!! Do people just starting to work there get to work on rides or do you have to have been there for awhile?

jeremyactor

Reaction score
The 50 pages is coming along - slowly but surely. I'll have it down in a week. It'll be much easier because when I get to the Wizard of Oz scene, I'll know I have to talk about the Wizard of Oz - I won't slip into a spiel about Singin' in the Rain because the Witch is looking me right in the face (no, I didn't kill anybody, it was an accident!) :big_grin:

Oh, and by the way Cantus Rock, if you're watching this - I have seen Muppetvision 82 times now - I'm creeping up on your record.... :wink:

As for getting to work at attractions, it works both ways. If you're put in Custodial from casting, you could move up or cross train and do both jobs (like I am), or you could be put into attractions right out of the shoot. It all depends on what openings there are when you apply.

Jeremy

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Well, yesterday I performed my first 2 live shows in front of guests on the ride!!! I did so well, I'm so proud of myself!

Just thought I'd share the wonderful news...

Jeremy