I got accepted!!!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hey, all, some exciting news for me this week.

As you may or may not know, I've long wanted to work in TV and film, with my main area of interest being screenwriting. I've been praying for some time that God would open up a door for me. Well, back in March I sent out a submission to Act One, a screenwriting seminar for Christians. This month-long seminar is geared to teach an aspiring screenwriter everything he or she needs to know to find work in the industry, as well as providing valuable contacts, all from the perspective of the faith that means so much to me. I submitted for this two years ago and was not accepted at that time. Back then, they only had one out in LA; this year, they're also having one right here in the Chicagoland area.

Well, as you've already guessed from my subject line, I got a reply back from them this week and...I was accepted!!! I'm going to Act One to learn how to be a screenwriter!!!

It's in June, so I only have to suffer through my current job for a few more weeks. (I don't know if I'll be able to find work immediately after the class is over, but I'm going to try to avoid going back to this job if I can, that's for certain.)

Anyway, I just wanted to share my exciting news with everyone. Once I get in my foot in the door as a screenwriter, who knows? You may see my name attached to the next Muppet movie or TV series that you see!!! :big_grin:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Wow! That is such exciting news. We're so happy for you! I hope that this will turn out to be everything you expected and more. And moreso, I hope this turns out to be the pivotal point in your career. Who knows what kind of other doors God will open up for you! Be sure to keep us informed.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Congratulations CD--it's great that you'll be doing something you're passionate about.

Good luck!

Quinnnnnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
Congratulations Tom,

You are choosing a great career, well 10% of it is actually great because you get to do fantastic work, the other 90% is great because you get to sit home watching TV when you don't have work but get this ...... it's classed as research !!!! *wicked cackle*

Anyway i'd tell you to watch out for the sharks but in your case they'll be wearing halo's so i think you are gonna be a-ok !

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey CD!

Great news, man! It's a great field once you get in, and you're on the right path.

Best of luck to you!

- Billy :cool:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Thank you all for your warm well wishes!

Luke, re "halos": while Act One is a Christian-run organization, we won't be only writing for, say, Touched by an Angel. The course encourages us to work for "everyday" networks and studios (hence my comment about maybe someday writing a Muppet production). If the Lord wills, I'll be writing for a variety of shows and working with all kinds of people...so your advice to watch out for sharks is probably still very appropriate. Thanks!

That "research" thing sounds very interesting too... :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! I am very happy for you and know you will do a great job.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
CONGRATS!!!

Hey, ChillyDown!! Great news!!

I'm very proud of you and happy for you, too! :smile:

FOZ

(BTW--
We've been accepting you around here for a LONG time...how does THAT make you feel??) :rolleyes: