I Hate Fox!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I watch The Simpsons every day on Fox 5 here in Jersey, and how do they reward my loyalty? They cut all their regular programming for Major League baseball. Okay, fine, sports isn't my thing, but neither the Mets nor the Yankees have a chance anymore at the World Series, so now they're showing the Philly/L.A. game, bumping The Simpsons from the line-up tonight, and keeping Seinfeld on, and for some strange reason; airing an episode of King of the Hill. No one in this area cares about (let alone is even watching) this game!

Fox is a biased Republican run corporation that hates it's viewers and crams pathetic programming down the throats of it's viewers and neglects the shows (Married... With Children and The Simpsons) that put them on top.

Just had to rant. Feel free to delete this thread. I just had to get it off my chest that Rupert Murdock is real %&!.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Just so you know, it's not JUST FOX, it's also the affiliates that run those shows. Remember, FOX doesn't own the rights to Seinfeld, but certain stations have syndication rights to certain shows. FOX broadcast the NLCS and that pushes programming back, and sometimes not at all. The people who RUN the networks can't really tell FOX "Hey, um, we don't care about the game down here, can we just run regular programming" because that's not the way it works. I live in Cincinnati, I don't care about this game. They could've went and said "We aren't doing this, we wanna run the debate" or whatever. It has nothing to do with party affiliation, it's just how television works. So, the TV station has a choice to go with showing the Simpsons after the news, or just going back to programs the way they would be if baseball wasn't on.

Daniel

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't really care if it's Fox, it's affiliates, Rupert Murdock, George Bush or the Czar of Port Saint Meat-head: I don't have my Simpsons right now!

Oh, and I don't understand why they keep showing the same episodes when they have over 400!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the world of sports has a huge advertising market. Even the lesser-warranted games can gain enough support to air. Reruns are reruns as far as syndication is concerned in local markets. I'd say write the bums on a local level. I'm not much of a sports fan (since they instituted more conservative uniforms on UFC :wink: kidding).

I would love to pin this all on Rupert Murdoch, but the truth is his hand only extends into the entertainment division when it concerns FAUX News.

Does anyone remember when the Simpsons made a joke about Fox News and the network tried to sue? The Murdoch actually tried to sue himself! Now that's comedy!

Again, I would complain to your local affiliate. It appears to be coming from them. Maybe they don't realize that people actually count on the rotation of those reruns. I get it and know about its huge audience. Local networks are competitive. If they see the sales figures they could change their minds and preempt the Simpsons more sparingly. Just a thought.

Oh yeah, and Rupert Murdoch should go sue himself again! He he. :stick_out_tongue:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I just have to chime in here that Fox does seem to have a Republican slant. I'm not trying to start a heated political debate, but let me just say, I watch a local morning news program on Fox because I like the personalities the best and I saw three anti-democrat ads in a row this morning! I just thought it was interesting.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unfortunately the world of sports has a huge advertising market. Even the lesser-warranted games can gain enough support to air. Reruns are reruns as far as syndication is concerned in local markets. I'd say write the bums on a local level. I'm not much of a sports fan (since they instituted more conservative uniforms on UFC :wink: kidding).

EVERY network that airs sports does this. I've seen stuff pre-emptied for crap like golf. GOLF! At least Baseball and football are loud enough to be interresting. Only real thing I hate is that they picked a lousy time slot for Futurama way back when, and it was constantly, constantly pre-emptied for football.

I just wanna say it has bull to do with FOX, and more of the sports for television industry. I mean, we have all these cable sports networks, and none of them even run sport. ESPN on ABC? Why can't ESPN be on ESPN?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I just wanna say it has bull to do with FOX, and more of the sports for television industry. I mean, we have all these cable sports networks, and none of them even run sport. ESPN on ABC? Why can't ESPN be on ESPN?
Agree... And why does ESPN show hot dog eating contests? Are Americans so bad off that hot dog eating qualifies as a sport?

FOX News has a conservative bias, but most news networks have a liberal bias.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just have to chime in here that Fox does seem to have a Republican slant. I'm not trying to start a heated political debate, but let me just say, I watch a local morning news program on Fox because I like the personalities the best and I saw three anti-democrat ads in a row this morning! I just thought it was interesting.
Even many of its avid supporters will admit that the national Fox News Channel is quite conservative. However, local markets usually reflect their local atmosphere. I can't stand local news because it all depends on instant ratings, needless sensationalism and twisting unrelated worldwide stories into local ones. It's all rather toxic to me. It's better to read a variety of newspapers, but still with a grain of salt. :wisdom:

If that local channel is airing more ads from a particular party and giving them better timeslots than they will eventually be reported to the FCC. That is a very serious offense. :eek: