I Hate Fox!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hmm, that is interesting, I'll have to keep watching and see what happens! :search:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agree... And why does ESPN show hot dog eating contests? Are Americans so bad off that hot dog eating qualifies as a sport?
Eating contests predate that by centuries. I'm not siure of the official data, but there used to be various stupid contests like that for much longer than we think. Centuries ago in japan, for instance, they used to have farting contests. And that's no lie.

Televising that stuff, however is pointless. How come sports channels don't air sport? They only air rediculous stuff like that and sports chat type shows multiple times a day. Now, I know about major events like the Super Bowl and the World Series, and how they should be on broadcast TV... but the minor things should be on actual sport networks. Only because there's so many of them.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I watch The Simpsons every day on Fox 5 here in Jersey, and how do they reward my loyalty? They cut all their regular programming for Major League baseball. Okay, fine, sports isn't my thing, but neither the Mets nor the Yankees have a chance anymore at the World Series, so now they're showing the Philly/L.A. game, bumping The Simpsons from the line-up tonight, and keeping Seinfeld on, and for some strange reason; airing an episode of King of the Hill. No one in this area cares about (let alone is even watching) this game!

Fox is a biased Republican run corporation that hates it's viewers and crams pathetic programming down the throats of it's viewers and neglects the shows (Married... With Children and The Simpsons) that put them on top.

Just had to rant. Feel free to delete this thread. I just had to get it off my chest that Rupert Murdock is real %&!.
Perhaps now would be a good time to invest in some Simpsons series dvds, hmm?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Eating contests predate that by centuries. I'm not siure of the official data, but there used to be various stupid contests like that for much longer than we think. Centuries ago in japan, for instance, they used to have farting contests. And that's no lie.
I know that eating contests are a tradition or something, but I don't understand how they qualify for being a sport.

Somehow I got this wacky idea growing up that sports were supposed to be healthy. Not drive one to an early grave. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know that eating contests are a tradition or something, but I don't understand how they qualify for being a sport.
Apparently, anything that requires competition is a "sport".

POOL is a sport now!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently, anything that requires competition is a "sport".

POOL is a sport now!
When they started televising poker and blackjack tournaments, a part of me died inside.

Now the one thing I WANT them to televise is Mexican Lucha Libre wrestling, but not even the three Spanish Language stations I get manage to do that regularly... (however, one of them airs Luchadore movies on occassion).

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Well, at least pool seems a little more healthy than pushing hotdogs down one's throat. Or pie. Not that pool is full of action.

I wish I could have some pie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, at least pool seems a little more healthy than pushing hotdogs down one's throat. Or pie. Not that pool is full of action.
And of course, pool uses geometrical properties to play. You have to know where the angles intersect with the billiards. Eating, dispite coming up with certain skills requires no thought whatsoever.

But I still hate golf the most. Even poker has more action.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm not much of a sports fan (since they instituted more conservative uniforms on UFC :wink: kidding).
ROFL!

Again, I would complain to your local affiliate.
You know, I did this about a year ago because of the repitition of shows, and I got an automated response thanking me for my loyality to the Fox network and their promise to continue airing quality programming. It was just a machine generated response that no one read and didn't even address my concerns. So, I wrote an actual letter and mailed it to them and got practically the same response. I was just like; "Hello, I was complaining, not praising!" Sheesh. :frustrated Kermit smiley:

Perhaps now would be a good time to invest in some Simpsons series dvds, hmm?
Well, I struggled with this idea for awhile because obviously they show the Simpsons so much. But because of what I've complained about, it made sense, and I bought three different seasons, and wouldn't you know? They played every episode from the random three seasons I picked up the following week!

On a plus side, they have been airing what they call "From The Begining" for about a year now where they started with the first episode and chronologically playing every episode. The problem is that's the 7:30 slot. The 11:00 slot shows the same episodes all the time.

Also, just so everyone understands; this was really just a silly rant to blow off some steam lest anyone think I'm legitimately raging a hate campaign against Fox.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I miss when Fox made its own weekend cartoons..they had a lot of good ideas back in the early 90's :frown: