I have a question for those "in the know" about an HD TV

rexcrk

Reaction score
So, I've been interested in buying an HD TV lately... mainly because I just want a new TV 'cause the one I have now is pretty crappy (like, if there's a bright spot that stays in one place it messes up the TV screen, if that makes sense >_>)

On Friday and Saturday at the store I work at we're gonna have a sale on a Haier 32-inch HD LCD Television for $399.00.

I was just wondering if anyone here knows if this TV is any good and if the price is good and will it play Blu-ray movies (when I get a Blu-ray player of course lol) and such?

Thanks a lot, I'm not very "in the know" when it comes to HD stuff.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain about the brand but I believe this to have 720p resolution rather than the highest standard of 1080p. I've seen both resolutions around that size and the difference is noticeable yet slight. Refresh rate is also important. Even if each frame is sharp in itself sometimes they can sort of bleed together creating a less than crisp moving image.

This does sound like a good deal and these TVs are a heck of a lot better than the old standard ones most people have. My partner is better at this stuff than I am so this information has been gathered from his investment into a new television - a rather ginormous Sony Bravia. He visited it in the local Sony Store and then purchased it on the cheap from Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I usually don't not like SONY's headwear, but I have heard a lot of good things about the Bravia model televisions!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I have a Samsung 550, 46 inch 1080p HD TV myself and I love it. My dad has a Sony that looks and sounds great too.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
These newer brands can be hit or miss, but that doesn't mean it's not a great television. Make sure it's the 1080p full HD and see if it comes with an HDMI cable too, otherwise they start around $40.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
We have a 1080p HD LCD TV, and It's an LG. Its a darn good thing, and the picture quality is awesome. The best thing is, it gets the Jazz Radio Channel. Smooth :cool: