I have a question!

dmwalsh

Reaction score
Does anyone know which of the muppet movies features an "enthusiastic, upbeat sales meeting"?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Um, no. Not unless you mean Kermit's whole "Boffo! Socko!" Meeting with Lenny the Producer in TMTM?

Only other thing I can think of is the Muppet Meeting Films...

FOZ

dmwalsh

Reaction score
Thanks

I reviewed TMTM last night, and saw that (and several other instances) where K is trying to sell his show. I'm looking for this because the president of my company asked if I had a copy of the muppet file with the "enthusiastic, upbeat sales meeting", and TMTM was the only one I could think of out of all the other M movies where that would be applicable. We're in the investment industry (not at all like K's broadway show!), but I can't think of any other situation like that in the M movies.
I really appreciate the quick response you sent - have a great day!
- D

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There was the film where Jim was using an Anything Muppet to try and sell the Muppet Show to some networks. They let us watch this at MuppetFest and at the end of the character's speech the audience was not only roaring with laughter and applause, but also all ready to begin showing The Muppet Show on their networks...not that any of us HAVE a network...

dmwalsh

Reaction score
Interesting -

Is this film you described available for rent or purchase? Is this in one of the regular Muppet Movies? It sounds interesting!
Thanks!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't think it's available. :frown: Somebody somewhere MIGHT have a copy, but I don't think so.

Walker Boh

Reaction score
The only other thing I could think of is the Ocean Breeze Soap discussion in The Muppets Take Manhattan.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I think the Ocean Breeze Soap thing might be what your boss is thinking of. There's a montage where the other characters are looking for Kermit, intercut with Kermit doing great business for the ad agency. At one point, Kermit is in a boardroom enthusiastically (but with his weird "Phil" voice) saying the new slogan: "Ocean Breeze Soap will get you clean!"

That's the only scene where Kermit is in a meeting. Otherwise, perhaps your boss is thinking about the earlier scene where Kermit helps them come up with the slogan in the first place. "You mean, just say what the product does? Unbelievable!"

Incidentally, the short film Foz was discussing isn't available on video anywhere. It was only intended to be seen by network executives back in 1975, and was shown as a special treat at MuppetFest. It's never been released for TV or video distribution anywhere...so I doubt it's what your boss saw. :smile:

Gotta go now...I suddenly feel like taking a bath.

Chilly

P.S. Ocean Breeze Soap: It's like taking a cruise, except there's no boat and you don't actually go anywhere!