I have an anouncement .....

DirthNader

Reaction score
On October 1, at approximately 1:40pm, est., my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby girl :big_grin:

She is our first child and man are we tired. I'm sure there are others out there who can attest to the amazing miracle of birth, but until the moment of truth actually arrived, I wasn't convinced that it was much more than just another day...with the exception of an occasional scream, a few scenes of gore, and now and then the altered voice of my wife spouting obscenities in my general direction.

Well, all that has changed. I am thoroughly and utterly in agreement with the title of "miracle" as it applied to the birth of one's own baby.

I'm rambling, and there really isn't much use in trying to win others over to this realization if they have never had the experience, first hand, so I will simply end by inviting anyone interested in checking out the wee one.

Feel free to log onto www.borgess.com.

When you get there, on the left hand side is a list.

Scroll down until you reach a title specifying "babies" or "new arrivals".

Click it and then go to the center of the screen where it will give you a "Month list". Scroll to October.

Then it will give you a list of babies names. Her name is Claudia Jayne. Click and you get to see my every waking joy :big_grin:

Well, gotta go. I hope all is well with everyone here.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dirth,

Thanks so much for sharing your little miracle with us. Her picture is wonderful. Those eyes will steal your heart every time.

You work fast! As of right now, it looks like she's the newest picture on the page.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Congratulations! That's so awesome and you get to share too!
Cheers to the proud family!
-Michele

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Congratulations! :big_grin:

All that hair! She's gorgeous-- but you know that. Enjoy!

About the sleep-- my daughter is 2 and my current plan is to sleep through her entire first year of college.....

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Awwwwww! What a cutie! ^______^ Congratulations!!!

I wish you good luck with your new addition, good health for your baby, and a good nights sleep... at least once a month. :stick_out_tongue:

Congrats, again!

^_^ Debo

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Modifying a quote from Gir: Ahh, She's cute and sticky lookin.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Ohhh! She's so cute! Congratulations, Dirth! I can't really tell from the picture; what color are her eyes?

Congrats to both you and your wife, and best wishes for good health for your daughter, a quick recovery for your wife and a good nights' sleep for all three of you as often as possible.

-Kim

DirthNader

Reaction score
Thank you all so much. Yes, I do think she's pretty cute :stick_out_tongue:

I took her out today to give mom a break and an opportunity to nap. She's the one that's really losing out on the sleep. I work an odd shift and my wife has taken it upon herself to sacrifice her time and energy in the evening to watch and care for the baby. I help where I can. My days off are the times when I can let Chris, my wife, rest the most.

Anyway, her eyes are a very dark blue......just like her daddy :rolleyes:

She has my nose, too. I only hope it doesn't grow as large as mine. She has her mothers dimples, lips, ears, and thick head of hair. All in all, not a bad specimine, if I do say so myself :big_grin:

Again, thank you all and I wish you well.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Patrick,

The miracle has only just begun. Treasure every moment.

Oh... and insist upon sharing night time feedings!