I Have Feet

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today I've been listening to the album version of "A Celebration of Me, Grover!" for the first time in a few years. And while listening to "I Have Feet", I must wonder, was that actually done on the show?

Somehow I think we won't know until somebody comes across the copy (most likely if Sesame Workshop posts it online, or if it turns up in an international co-production). I think it was audio-only, but based on Grover's dialogue, it seems like a visual piece. He often tells the listeners to look at him/his feet, and if it's audio-only we can't look at his feet (I guess it could have been meant as a joke, similar to the album releases of Happy Feet). And if it was indeed an audio-only track, I wonder if it was ever intended to be broadcast and then scrapped.

In a way it seems like it would be easier to do in audio form than visual form, but it wouldn't have been impossible, not even for a 1970s song. They could have cut to close-upp shots of Grover's feet (and had his feet up above the camera when he's hopping on one leg), or they could have done it "Doin' the Pigeon"-style and used a black background. Of course if it were doen today they'd probably use a blue screen and computer generated background and showed a full-body shot of Grover doing all those things.