I Have Proof That Hollywood Is Running Low on Ideas!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can I just say I thought this thread was going to be how they constantly remake the same films over and over, and now we're in an extended period of annoying producers remaking every single movie from the 70's and 80's?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If they remake Roger Rabbit, it had better as heck be quality entertainment!

Drtooth

Reaction score
If they remake Roger Rabbit, it had better as heck be quality entertainment!

There is no call and no reason to remake Roger Rabbit. Like there's no call to remake or make a sequal to Snow White.... Even if Disney had the greed to pull off such a stunt, I doubt Amblin would want any part of it. Hense why Bonkers got a cartoon show that bares striking similarity to Roger Rabbit.... It was originally a Roger Rabbit cartoon, but Amblin wouldn't have their part in it.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I was making use of the fact that the original was a quality success and trying to do it again in a day and age of constant corporate mergers and monopolizing would be--personally--a bad idea.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plus, they still need to remake every single horror movie of all time, first... and at the rate they're going, it won't be too long...

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Plus, they still need to remake every single horror movie of all time, first... and at the rate they're going, it won't be too long...
I know what you mean. They remade Halloween, and there about to remake Nightmare on Elm Street, and Child's Play (that one I'm actually exctied about though. but it seems weird since the film is only 20 years old)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Uh, ever heard of Scary Moive 1-4?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know what you mean. They remade Halloween, and there about to remake Nightmare on Elm Street, and Child's Play (that one I'm actually excited about though. but it seems weird since the film is only 20 years old)
Yeah, that time between things like remakes just gets shorter and shorter for some reason.

Uh, ever heard of Scary Moive 1-4?
There should have never been a 3 or 4 if you have to ask me as that is when the creators left the franchise.

Wasn't there a "not another parody movie" or something?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
The only thing Hollywood needs to remake, from the horror films to whatever, is crappy movies that no one cares for. Like "Glitter" with Miriah Carey, or "From Justin To Kelly", or any of the sequels for "A Nightmare On Elm Street", the "Fright the 13th" films, etc.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I hate parody movies. I hated scary movie one to eleventy-six, I havnt seen any other movies but I fear that if I watch them I might lose a couple dozen IQ points or worse, my brain completely liquifies

I generally dislike remakes, but I did like Rob Zombie's Halloween.

And when they start making sequels to horror movies...Child's Play was good. Bride of Chucky? What the heck, man?
The Grudge was bad to start with, why make a worse sequel?

And was it really nesasary to make thousands of versions of A Christmas Carol?

EDIT: Ok...so maybe hate is too strong of a word. I just really really really dislike parody movies. Now, an occasional reference is fine, its movies like scary movie where everything is poking fun at another movie is what I dont like