I just got a COOL job!

Wembley

Reaction score
Hey folks!

I'm working this summer at Canobie Lake Park in Salem NH! http://www.canobie.com part time as a "ride operator" which basically means that I'll be, well, operating the rides! While the pay is not good ($7), it seems like a fun way to earn a few extra bucks to pay for my other hobbies .

Anyone here been to CLP?

And for those of you who know me, no, I am not leaving my other job either, just taking on a second job for the summer...

-Rick

Gonzo

Reaction score
Congrats Wembley--my brother worked at an amusement park as a ride operator for two summers, and liked everything about it, except for being in the sun, dealing with the public, cleaning up after people who get sick on rides, the bad food, the parking problems....okay, he didn't really like it. But he made some good friends!

Good luck--sounds like a good time. Really.

Quinnnnnnnnn

SuprGro78

Reaction score
Canobie lake PARK

Groovy Groovy, I go there at least once a year. I hope you get to work on a fun ride. Let me know what it is, maybe I'll go by and say hi ho!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Congrats, Wembley! Very cool.

It sounds like some others here aren't having such a great week...so I'm glad that there's some good news among our group as well! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wembley--

When I saw the post from "Wembley" saying "I got a cool job" I somehow thought I was going to read that you were the siren for your local volunteer fire department.

Glad you got a job, tho, man; seems lady luck is turning her back on a few folks around here....but all things are good and everything will be okay!

Later,
FOZ

Wembley

Reaction score
Hehehe.... well, I probably would make a good siren, when I crank up the ol' singing voice, people tend to run...

-Rick

PopoverFroggy

Reaction score
Canobie Lake Park

Hey, I have been to Canobie Lake Park twice in my life...
the last time was in the late 80's. I remember before that
when they had little punchcards you needed to give for each ride.

Have fun on your new job!

-PopoverFroggy

dwmckim

Reaction score
Okay! I hereby nominate "PopoverFroggy" as having the Coolest Name on the Forum!

Now all you need is an avatar of the always enchanting (literally and figuratively) Taminella and you'll be the official flavor of the day!

Martha

Reaction score
Hi ho,

Rick, if I make it up there this summer, I'll let you know... I'm usually good for at least one visit there every summer!

I remember those punchcards, too, Popover Froggy! :smile:

-Martha (who's suddenly feeling very old)

Wembley

Reaction score
Hmmm....

Punchcards, eh? Well, I can't say I ever heard about that, now it's a "pay once at the gate and ride all day" kinda thing. I'll have to ask about the punch cards, as I have been going to the park all my life and I don't remember them...

What's interesting is the number of places people tell me that they are from.... the other day I even had a family who came from NORWAY of all places! I had never met anyone from there before...

-Rick