1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

I love the Hot Dogs

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by Speed Tracer, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

My favorite sketch thus far is the one where they roller skate.

Does anybody know who the two couple skating Hot Dogs were?
  2. My favorite is the first where they drink from his broken arm . . . I noticed it fell off the first time watching and it was hilarious how Brian played that goof up. Not sure about the rollerskating one.
  3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I loved them in the first show they had in LA they had them peeing in the drinking water hahah! Puppet up really is awsome.
  4. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I wonder if these were the same hotdog puppets the Henson company used in the short lived Saturday morning show, "Kid City" which ran in the mid 90's on ABC. Actually, I think that's what it was called. It was something "City." Anyway, they had these little bits where we'd see the life of a hotdog inside a hotdog vender's cart, and these little hotdogs were all rappers, led by Franky Frank and the Furters. They'd do a rap, then one of the hotdogs is plucked out of the steamer by a giant pair of tongs. That always cracked me up. Anyway, my point is, I love how Puppet Up reuses discarded characters from other productions and breathes new life into them through improv. Very cool.
  5. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Yes they are the same exact puppets from City Kids.
    I agree that is very cool because I found myself saying omg I can't believe so and so a character just said that hahaha
  6. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

I recognized the franks too

I saw the franks in the Magicians Anonymous sketch. Took me a little while to get the gag. Then I realized it was a spoof on A.A. and all those other 12 step groups. I will have to check out the other sketches sometime soon. Now I have to take my 12 steps off an 11 step cliff.
  7. Mr Devco

Mr Devco New Member

the hot dogs are great but they look more like breadsticks :D