I miss A Muppet Family Chirstmas

Narpin

Reaction score
I wish Disney would put out an UNCUT DVD of Family Chrstmas. Even the edited version isn't available anymore.

I can't find my VHS copy anymore (I wish i could find it!!), and it never airs on TV anymore. I really miss it. It's a classic.

BEAR

Reaction score
You can find it on ebay or amazon.com. It's probably the editted version though. Luckily, my brother's fiance had a video of the special taped directly from a television broadcast back in the 80s without the cuts! I'm so excited because I haven't seen the uncut version since I watched it as a kid. It will be included in my BEARy Merry Christmas Reviews soon!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's great to hear Bry.

Oh, and if anyone's looking for A Muppet Family Christmas... Contact some of the tape traders on the boards like Justin Faulknor or KermiClown, I got an almost unedited copy from the former though you'd have to ask them both if their copies are unedited or not.
Hope this helps, have a good day.

superboober

Reaction score
I think most of us would enjoy a TV airing of it somewhere; about 2 years ago I e-mailed ABC Family to put it on (and any other of the specials we've come to love they could) during the 25 Days of Christmas block. No response got back to me, although when dealing with a large network like they that was probably to be expected. The big drawback is that we still might not get a complete airing in today's day and age with the sharp increase in commercials since 1987, so parts already removed on home video might still get chopped if the network in question wants more sponsors.

christyb

Reaction score
Another airing would be great...however, it might not be possible. Then all the Muppets were basically under one roof. Now they're so split up it might not be worth it to ABC to try and get the rights to everything.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
christyb said:
Another airing would be great...however, it might not be possible. Then all the Muppets were basically under one roof. Now they're so split up it might not be worth it to ABC to try and get the rights to everything.
Maybe not. As recently as a few years ago, it aired here in Canada uncut, after the split. As long as it's on TV and not a DVD release, I don't think any rights need to be cleared, although I could be wrong.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
Maybe not. As recently as a few years ago, it aired here in Canada uncut, after the split. As long as it's on TV and not a DVD release, I don't think any rights need to be cleared, although I could be wrong.
Moose, I haven't seen it on tv up here since about 3-4 years ago. YTV used to show it every year and then stopped for some reason. I have a recording off of YTV and I've watched it every year since they stopped broadcasting. Let me know if you hear of a broadcast. :big_grin: