I miss Kermit!

golden teeth

Reaction score
They need to bring back Kermit the reporter frog. I loved his egments on the show.

"Hi-ho, this is Kermit the frog here."-I miss it.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I miss Kermit too, he was a terrific Sesame Street charachter. Disney owns the rights to the charachter now, so they can't bring him back for any new stuff (which would be really nice if they did) But they are allowed to air old clips that he was in. For some reason however, they only air one clip with him in it, and that's Ernie's song Do De Rubber Duck, where he has one singing line. "Everybody knows, wash your flippers and your toes" I think the reason why we don't see any more old Kermit stuff is because the show has a set routine now, and there simply isn't any room for old Kermit clips. It's really a shame. He had some really touching songs on there, and some really funny skits that are sitting on a shelf collecting dust somewhere.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kermit has done quite a few letter or number skits. Those could be shown during the letter or number of the day. Maybe one of his alphabet skits (like the one where a girl keeps replacing letters with Cookie Monster) could be shown before the letter of the day. Season 36 was about being healthy, and there are many Kermit scenes that have to do with being healthy. Some of these skits should hav ebeen shown. I have read that a lot of episodes from this season seem to show as many skits as possible that have to do with the street plot. For example, there was an episode plot about bananas, and all skits in that episode (except for the letter, number, and spanish word of the day) had something to do with bananas. Maybe there could be an episode that has to do with body parts, and that show could have a Kermit skit that has to do with body parts (like I Love My Elbows, his lecture on hands, or his lecture on feet).

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
They had him, probably the only time since Jim died (in this he was played by Steve) The first episode where SS get hit by the hurricane, he reports with Al Rocher (or hw ever you spell his name, the weather reporter from the Today Show) I was very happy to see him! It fit perfectly. The best part was he introduced himself "Hi Ho! Kermit the frog here live from SS news..." :smile: its been too long since I have heard that...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire performed Kermit in the episode where Slimey made it to the moon and in the episode where Slimey returned from the moon. I have also read that there was a skit where Grover sold (or tried to sell) Kermit a flash light, and Steve Whitmire performed Kermit in that skit. And Steve Whitmire performed Kermit in a song called Ev'rybody be Yo'self, in which kermit introduced kev Mo (This is the only time I know of where Kermit introduced somebody on Sesame Street).

The onl new Sesame Street scenes made after The Jim Henson Company sold the rights to the Sesame Street characters was in part 1 of the hurricane episodes and in the Ev'rybody be Yo'self song (and I didn't know about that song untill after I bought the Songs From The Street album).

BEAR

Reaction score
Steve also played Kermit on Elmo Saves Christmas.

Censored

Reaction score
Krazedmuppet said:
They had him, probably the only time since Jim died (in this he was played by Steve) The first episode where SS get hit by the hurricane, he reports with Al Rocher (or hw ever you spell his name, the weather reporter from the Today Show) I was very happy to see him! It fit perfectly. The best part was he introduced himself "Hi Ho! Kermit the frog here live from SS news..." :smile: its been too long since I have heard that...

If they could show that episode with Kermit, I don't see why they couldn't show any other old skit with him.

Is the problem really that Disney owns Kermit or did they just decide to retire the character? :confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have read that Sesame Workshop does have permission to show old Kermit skits in new episodes and on video. I don't know what the deal is (if there is any deal).

Oddly enough, it seems like old Kermit skits started to be shown very infrequently during the 30th season, two years before henson sold it's ownership of the Sesame Street cast. I don't know why. I saw most of the season 30 episodes, and the only kermit skits that I recall seeing that season were the Sesame Street news skits for Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pipers family, Columbus, and Rupunzel, the songs Bayou Alphabet and Carribean Amphibean, and the skit where Kermit and a girl said the alphabet.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I miss Kermit too!:sympathy:

I love him on The Muppet Show, The Jim Henson Hour, Muppets Tonight and all the Muppet movies!!! And I especially love Kermit on Sesame Street!!! He has always been a part of it and always will be as far as I'm concerned. He has done lots of great songs, lectures and sketches that are so memorable and should be shown more often. I wish things weren't so complicated with different companies owning different properties. Some sort of deal should be worked out so Steve Whitmire could still make future appearances as Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street! That would be awesome!:stick_out_tongue: :smile: