I miss Richard

P

Princeton

I think we all feel the same way. A very wonderful, down to earth man who was taken from the Muppets too soon. We have only him to thank for fantastic characters such as Junior Gorg, :flirt: , Statler , Scooter , and :eek: . Anyway, just my opinion.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I miss Richard deeply as well.He had such an enormous range of talent & could never be replaced. He was such a peaceful man.Still sorry he's gone. ::sigh::

P

Princeton

Thanx for the link, scarecroe! I've been on it before and just couldn't get into it; but if other people enjoy it, that's good too.

Scooter

Reaction score
Richard brought my fave muppet to life. And in everything a I watch of the muppets that has Scooter in it without Richard performing him makes me miss him more and more. He was truly one of the great muppeteers and can never be replaced.
--Scooter--:wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Just thought it might be interesting to point this out....

During the filming of The Muppet Show, Jim Henson would encourage performers and crew members not to hold back from laughing while it was being shot, since they would just be adding a laugh track in later anyway. The first laugh you'll always hear is Richard Hunt's. I think everything about the Muppets and everyone around him entertained him possibly more than anyone. I noticed this last night while watching the episode where Statler brings the plant backstage, trying to meet Valerie Harper. During the show, they play the Swedish Chef sketch where the Chef hits the talking chocolate cake with the baseball bat (of course, the cake was performed by Richard). At some point before we ever hear the cake talk, the Swedish Chef does something where Richard just cracks up. And they didn't even add the laugh track over it, so all you'll hear is Richard laughing.

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
I don't have anything new to add about Richard. Nothing that really hasn't been said about him before. He was an extraordinary person and performer that was taken from us much too soon. I only wish he could have had more of a remembrance when he passed away.
Being gay myself, I applaud Richard, and hope he is looking down at all of us, and knows how much we all miss him. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
In the last year or so I've really come to appreciate Richard's true talents. I too dearly miss him, and wish we could have him back. I'm just thankful he was with Henson for as long as he was, and made such wonderful, memorable contributions, and touched me so with Janice, my favorite of his creations.

(Incidentally, I think my Janice site is gone, but, it's backed up, so I still have it all---just not online at the moment).