I need a little help...

grail

Reaction score
I'm currently working on a project that I would LOVE to get some help on. There are a lot of different people here, with a LOT of different interests and tastes...so my question is this:

What things would you like to see as toys/collectibles that aren't already?

Now this can be anything you want; movies, tv, comics, literature, you name it...and it can be any type of collectible; action-figure, statue, prop, you name it.

here is MY list:

1. MST3K Action-Figures
2. *****************
3. "Transformers" HeroClix
4. "Fraggle Rock" Action-Figures
5. "Brotherhood of the Wolf" Statues
6. "Transformers" Full-Size Prop Replicas
7. "Orgazmo" Action-Figures
8. "Sluggy Freelance" Action-Figures or Statues
9. "Darkwing Duck" Action-Figures
10. "The Dark Crystal" Statues

Unfortunately, I can't say what #2 is, but that's because it MAY actually happen, and i don't wanna jinx it. I should know soon for sure, then I can either move down the list, or tell everyone.

Basically, I'm working on a "things we want to see made" for Zen (sort of...heh), and once there is a decided-on list, we're going to have some "fun" with it...

I'm looking forward to hearing ideas!

mike

Drtooth

Reaction score
I soooo agree with numbers 4 and 9! (BTW, Darkwing was an action figure set, it just had only 8 toys, so there's definate room for ideas there)

I'd like to see some Fat Albert Figures. I have seen some cool custom ones of the Brown Hornet at
www.kaygee.com/gowiththefro/fubu_toys.htm in case you're interrested.

Sesame Street would also be cool. And DOg City. Just a little opinion.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I thought there were some Darkwing action figures when I was younger. In fact, I recall coming really close to buying a Megavolt action figure once, but I decided I was too grown up at the time. (Now that I'm older and more mature, I wish I had bought it)

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Sure enough I just checked ebay.

Darkwing figure

Of course, even as mature as I am now, I still wouldn't pay that price...

Markus

GWGumby

Reaction score
-MST3K would be great -- at least the puppets. I'd feel a little weird with a Joel or Mike action figure unless they were more stylized like the Electric Tiki Tooned-Up Television Maquettes:
http://www.electrictiki.com/"tooned-up "/Tooned-up main.html

-Monty Python figures in scale with McFarlane's Movie Maniacs. I like the 12" but they're too expensive for even a rabid fan like me to get every piece.
-Dark Crystal monsters also in similar scale.

-Mr. Bean either based on live show or new cartoon series.

-Red Dwarf action figures and space ships.

-Jackie Chan (non-cartoon) figures.

-Weird Al figure in classic glasses/moustache.

-"Mars Attacks" martian figures

-Queen figures and stage set.

-Miniature models of Game consoles and paddles throughout history. From the early Pong boxes, through Atari, Coleco, NES, PS1, GC, and XBox.

-Miniature models of classic rock instruments: guitars, drums, and especially keyboard and synthesizers.

-Spittin' Image figures (for those in the US, remember the Genesis "Land of Confusion" video?)

-Classic 80s videos recreations: PVC figures of Thomas Dolby in "She Blinded Me With Science" or Flock of Seagulls in "I Ran", Duran Duran, Cyndi Lauper, etc.

-John Hughes Big-Head collection: Ferris Bueller, Ducky, Breakfast Club group, etc.

This is just one single-sided brain storming session. I'm sure I could think of dozens more given time.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Here's some more:

-Classic LucasArts adventure games figures from Full Throttle, Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Grim Fandango, Sam & Max, etc.

-Cate Archer from "No One Lives Forever" PC game

-Worms: assorted action-posed PVCs of Worms from the Worms series of games. Shooting bazookas, flying sheep, grenades, etc.

-Spumco figures. Ren & Stimpy, Ripping Friends, etc.

-Sesame street figures similar in size and quality to Palisades Muppets.

-Original Ghostbusters figures.

Okay, another brain freeze. I'll try again depending on if other people contribute more.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

FRAGGLE ROCK Action Figures?

Thats my one to ten...

see ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
Here's some more:

-Classic LucasArts adventure games figures from Full Throttle, Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Grim Fandango, Sam & Max, etc.

-Spumco figures. Ren & Stimpy, Ripping Friends, etc.
Well, along the lines of Sam and Max and Ripping Friends, they were at some point GOING to be actual figures. In fact Playmates was supposed to do Ripping Friends, but never got around to it. However, I have a Jimmy the Idiot boy doll for my Birthday (from my favorite cousin), so that's good enough for me..though I'd kill to have a Citrusette figure.

They Did have Ren and Stimpy figures..they are EXTREEMELY rare. They only have Ren and Stimpy in various poses and coustumes.

As for Jackie Chan, the cartoon Figures are just of Jackie, and they used his actual head rather than the cartoon Jackie. I'd kill for an Uncle figure. Out of the whole show, Uncle is my favorite character.

I just wish that Playmates wouldn't fall back on any more ideas. We lost series two of Darkwing, Talespin, and the Simpsons Main street which keeps coming and going.

GWGumby

Reaction score
I know a few things I mentioned have been figures. In fact I was going to put the Tick on there as well, but I know he was a figure since I have one of him. However, part of my point of listing the objects is that if I can't go to the store and buy them right now things need to be remedied so I can!

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby

-Weird Al figure in classic glasses/moustache.
What about a UHF line...Kuni, "Rambo" Al, Raoul, Stanley, Al from the Beverly Hillbillies video, the Science guy, etc.

And I'd love some MST3K PVCs. (I have neither room, nor money for action figures of all my favorites)