I need some ideas on moving my playsets

muppfozz

Reaction score
:embarrassed:I need some help!!!!I have to move and so I need to know how to safely pack my Muppet playsets. The are so delicate and such small pieces on them. I do not have the original boxes they came in. Would bubble wrap work or something else. I am running out of room in the car to move them myself. IN the moving van they will have to go I am sorry to say.:frown:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Maybe you should get some cardboard boxes from a liquor store. I think bubble wrap is a great idea! Good Luck! :smile:

Dearth

Reaction score
Yes, you'll need boxes, from anywhere you can find them. (Was the 'liquor store' advice borrowed from Mrs. Bitterman? lol) You'll probably also want some packing tape, since most businesses 'break down' (flatten) cardboard boxes so they'll take up less space in the dumpsters.

Lots and lots of ziploc bags can also come in quite handy for the small stuff. They even sell little tiny 'ziploc'-style bags for jewelry and other hobby purposes, and those are great for keeping each accessory to a particular figure separate from each other (so their paint jobs don't rub off on one another) yet still all fit inside a sandwich size baggie.
The original boxes are overrated anyway. I once had a mint Swinetrek arrive in totally trashed condition, because one of the heavier pieces of equipment had pulled its blister free from the cardboard wall, and that had bounced around and broken several small details, even knocked a chair out of the floor. Don't even get me started on the Backstage playset that arrived with a wall broken free, which had broken off doorknobs and all sorts of other pieces.
Bubble wrap, butcher's paper (like professional movers use), gift wrap tissue paper, even the pillow-stuffing material they use for snow in Christmas village displays... any or all of these can work to both cushion the breakable pieces and stuff inside the hollow areas.
Alex

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Ha! I didn't even realize that Bitterman quote! What a coincidence! :smile: