I Predicted the Future!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did I not say we'd be seeing more of this guy in the future?

I just hope they don't try to do the, "Mikemikemikemikemikemikemike" line in all of them, because then it won't be funny anymore. Believe me, I made sure not to let that happen when Steve D'Monster spent almost an entire day on PBS talking about corn dogs.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
*Facedesks only once* Now look what I just did. I made myself worse by watching that awful, sour and not so tasteful video. This future is going to be bad! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *runs away*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seriously? You guys don't like the Hump Day Camel? I think he's hilarious! Gecko's been losing his spark lately, Maxwell's pig in a blanket commercial is the funniest one he's had in a long time, and I'm assuming the Cavemen are extinct now.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Being In the UK we don't get the Geico commercials so thank goodness for youtube and I think there great. I quite enjoy the Camel its funny I've never seen something like it before so it made me laugh. The second is great to that poor Mike.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously? You guys don't like the Hump Day Camel? I think he's hilarious! Gecko's been losing his spark lately, Maxwell's pig in a blanket commercial is the funniest one he's had in a long time, and I'm assuming the Cavemen are extinct now.
Actually... so far yes, but it seems like that could wear very very thin. I like how this one is exclusively for theaters, but something tells me I'm going to see it too often if I go to the movies.

But I'll tell you what. These commercials are far better than those horrible ones with the gallery of paintings talking to themselves. I had to sit through every single one of them when I was on hulu last time. Worst part is, the video didn't load correctly, so I had to keep reloading the same video 3 times sitting through the exact same advertisements over and over.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back in 1996, before the Gecko, cavemen, and Maxwell, Geico had an ad campaign with animations by Bill Plympton. "We all do dumb things. Paying too much for car insurance doesn't have to be one of them".

These ads were hysterical, and could've won a Clio (the Grammy equivalent for commercials). Back in college, Plympton visited us and showed us a film he just finished called "One Of These Days". Some of the ideas from the Geico ads came from this film.