1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

I realized I forgot to post about my cruise!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Katzi428, May 13, 2012.

1. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Meh..it was OK.

KIDDING!!!:D
    It was WONDERFUL!!!:excited:
    For starters we got on the ship,and saw my older brother,sister in law and 5 year old niece.We exchanged greetings.Then all of a sudden, out of the blue..out pops my 12 year old niece who I didn't think could come because she had school!!!:super: (there's no "surprised" icon on here) She still had school but got her work from school when my brother (or former sister in law) said that my niece would be away for a week. My niece was going to be staying in the same stateroom as me! Excellent!!:cool:
    My mom was keeping my stateroom key from me for some reason .Her boyfriend said he'd treat me to Starbucks' once we got on the ship (since it was my birthday) So once we got on the ship my mother headed in the direction of my stateroom and her boyfriend and I headed for Starbucks. So we stayed there for about 10 minutes until his cell phone rang (we hadn't set sail yet) When we got to the stateroom it was all decorated with birthday decorations! (Both my mom & my niece did it.) It looked fantastic!
    I wore my :hungry: shirt & carried used my :) lunchbox as a pocketbook.I got a lot of great comments! (more on the lunchbox than the shirt) You won't believe what movie they were showing on the ship a lot? I'll give you a hint. It has this guy----->:fanatic: I was kind of surprised since they're of Disney property. But my mom's bf said it was OK. They also showed Grease . They had a Grease sing a long plus doing the hand jive. I was trying to do it fast but fighting a losing battle! The guy sitting next to me was laughing (with me not AT me) & said "You're pretty good!"
    I went to a lot of trivias on the ship. I won a few things . I forgot most of the questions. But here's a trivia fact for you. Did you know that a snake hears with its' tongue? (FBers that read my post ..you know this already;))
    All the staff on the cruise were REALLY nice! There's just one thing I don't like (except the end of the cruise) The room attendants & waitstaff call me Miss Kathy as if they're my slaves . To me we're all equal. I'm reading a book called The Help (I saw the movie too) & in the movie & book the maids & the other help called the employers Mrs. & Mr. & their kids Miss & Mr. I guess on the ship I wasn't comfortable with that.
    My next cruise is in January.
  2. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

A snake smells with its tongue. It hears by feeling vibrations. Sorry to nitpick. I'm a biology education major. Its in my blood :o

Sounds like you had fun though :D
  3. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Well the guy doing trivia said the snake heard with its' tongue. I'm just quoting him.shrug
  4. LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Ooo...how majestic! Sounds like you had a memorable Birthday. :)

<3
    Katzi428 likes this.
  5. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Yep...I sure did! I love cruises! (I know..."No kidding..Really?:rolleyes:" ) As much as I love them though, it's nice to get home to my cats. Once I got home, one of my cats was SO happy to see me & while I was on the computer he kept pawing at my shoulder for me to get off so he could snuggle with me. :halo:
    LinkiePie<3 likes this.
  6. Hayley B Active Member

Sounds wonderful. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip. I recently got my furniture moved from my apartment by the Starving Students. They too, kept calling me Ma'am or Miss Hayley (Miss Hayley at the most) . I also couldn't help but thinking of "The Help" as well. :)
    Katzi428 likes this.
  7. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Glad you had fun. :)
    Katzi428 likes this.
  8. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I know that it's their job to call us Ma'am or Miss (or for our married female MCers "Mrs" and for the males "Mr." ) But they're human like us. They put on their shoes one foot at a time,put on their pants one leg at a time. I guess it's out of respect. For the first night the stateroom attendant called me Kathleen.I told her she could call me Kathy. So she was fine with that. Same with the waitstaff, but I think a couple of them forgot. (I don't really like being called Kathleen.)
    Hayley B likes this.
  9. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Thanks Kelly! How was the rest of your time at Busch Gardens?
  10. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I was born and raised in the Deep South. My mother, who has lived in the North, said that "Ma'am" and "Sir" was taboo (at least at the time she was growing up there). Meanwhile, "classic Southern hospitality" practically demands it.

Or I'm incredibly old-fashioned, LOL.

We only spent one day at Busch Gardens 'cause we were renting a car to go to Tampa. It was a blast. Lots of neat animals, my brother got me (sometimes reluctantly) on every coaster but one, LOL.
  11. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Wow, a lot of people have taken trips recently. I went to DC last week. I may post some of the pictures. Not that the inside of the capital is all that interesting :smirk:
    Katzi428 likes this.
  12. LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Aw...that's too adorable! <3 :)
  13. Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Sounds like it was wonderful cruise. I'm so happy you had a great time :)
    Katzi428 likes this.
  14. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------
    So glad you had a birthday surprise, with your niece! Sounds like a fun time.

One thing I am curious about: WHERE did the boat go? I mean, I thought the point of cruises used to be the destination? Onboard stuff sounds fun, but isn't it just a diversion until you get to your actual port(s) of call?

About the servant thing: yeah. But those of us who do service jobs are usually taught that you start by calling the client, patient, etc, Mr or Mrs unless THEY tell you otherwise. It's intended to be respectful...though I can see how it would make you uncomfortable as well. Glad you established a bit of a rapport with some of the staff.
    --------------
    Katzi428 likes this.
  15. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Huh? The ship was supposed to go someplace? :confused:
    J/K ;)
    It went to Labadee Haiti then onto Jamaica, then Mexico. I would have gotten off, but I have trouble walking distances.
    Oh..get this:
    You all know how much I love Starbucks' right? (I'm pretty much :insatiable: when it comes to their frappucinoes) My older brother is aware of this fact too & gave me $50 worth of Onboard credit to use for Starbucks on the ship. Meanwhile I have a WHOLE bunch of Starebucks giftcards from my mom's boyfriend. So I'm happily spending older bro's Onboard credits on Starbucks when I find out the next to last day , they accept Starbucks' cards on the ship!!! I could have used my brother's Onboard credits for something else!! I was SO annoyed!!:mad::grr:
    But I really had fun!:D
    fuzzygobo likes this.
  16. newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    :news: Here is a caffeine-induced News Flash!

Local Hensonville resident Kathy was forcibly dragged off a cruise ship this weekend when the purser ran out of Starbucks' Double Overpriced SuperMoccaLattaccinos. The longtime Muppet fan, still wearing her Chef shirt, apparently became agitated when the coffee finally ran out and suffered an episode of paranoid coffephrenia, loudly insisting that "you guys are just HIDING the beans! Let me back there! I'll show you! There HAVE to be MORE BEANS!"

Ship's purser Rizzo the Rat offered his viewpoint:

:shifty: Yeah, well, some people ya just can't let have dat fiftieth double shot, ya know? Da barista shoulda cut her off at thoity.

Cruise line spokespersons insisted it was all "a big misunderstanding -- we thought she wanted Mexican jumping beans, and Animal ate those before we even set sail."
    ----------------
    fuzzygobo likes this.
  17. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!!!You're a regular nutcase hokay!!:crazy: