I Think my Head's Been in the Clouds too Long...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Let me ask you guys something, do you ever take the time to stop and think that the fine lines between fantasy and reality have become so fine they become blurred and invisible?

Do you ever stop and think that perhaps you've maybe had you head up in the clouds a little longer than you should have?

Have you ever stopped and realized that perhaps your hopes, goals, aspirations, ambitions, and dreams are simply far too grand and big for a little person like you to even begin to try to achieve?

*Shrug*

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm heavily grounded and know the difference between reality and fantasy.

Simple difference that ANYONE should know.

Reality sucks.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
There's a line?

LOL. :big_grin:

Yeah, I long ago felt a smidge let down by my dreams. It seems like every time I finally might be happy, life slaps me in the face ... and that's not even in my fantasies, but all in real life. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It seems like every time I finally might be happy, life slaps me in the face
That's true of everyone. Life doesn't get happy and stay happy, it goes in and out of stages and back again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I long ago felt a smidge let down by my dreams. It seems like every time I finally might be happy, life slaps me in the face ... and that's not even in my fantasies, but all in real life. :stick_out_tongue:
See? The line's simple! It's the one lined with barb wire that leads right off a cliff.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering just giving up on my career, mainly because I seriously don't think I really have what it takes to run my own business, irregardless if it's a puppet production company, or not... I'm just not a leader, and never really was... even when I was in school and was put in group projects, I was always the one who the others DIDN'T want opinions or suggestions from.

My biological career clock has been ticking, and nothing has been going according to plans... 2011 is almost over, and I STILL haven't been able to get Steve's new show into production, and I promised his fans and followers I'd do what I could to get the show done before 2011 is over... not to mention, I had other projects planned chronilogically for 2012, 2013, and 2014 as well... I've made more plans and have lost more time.

Not to mention, I doubt people will be willing to take a chance on me anyway... I'm not the Muppets and not trying to be, ye I'm sure people would think I'm a Muppet knockoff anyway... even though when you think about it, there ARE Muppet knockoffs out there who probably WOULD be given chances.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I know how you feel, pushing forward to be forced back x number of steps, and i never want to be some one that tells somebody else to stop pursuing their dreams...

perhaps maybe take it slower, i know not the ideal right now, but maybe do youtube stuff, id say myspace videos but not sure how that works anymore...or a facebook fan page that pushes your name out there and what you do...i know none of those are ideal but they do help a little, a simple google search of my name or Freddy J frog brings up alot of Scrapstv stuff. im rambling but basically dont give up keep your dream of your show but maybe do little videos here and there on some site to show your work and generate interest in the public

dont let your talent drop

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know what you're saying Julio... and I've pretty been doing that for the past four years now... and sometimes I do Google Steve D'Monster, but don't get very many results, mainly because Google wants to "correct" the search results for "Steve Monster", an entirely different character of a entirely different artform altogether.

robodog

Reaction score
I've felt like that many a time. My illness would make going to school to learn the things I'd need to learn to to fulfill my dreams difficult if not impossible. I think I've reached a point that I've accepted my dreams are never going to happen. But that's me.
I hope you don't give up. The world needs more puppeteers. It's a fascinating art form that really doesn't get much love. I wish you the best of luck.