I Want a Monster to Be My Friend

furryfella

Reaction score
has anybody seen that clip on noggin? i remember the song on the Ss Monster Lp but never really saw the clip on the show!!:smile:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Well, Noggin only runs 65 episodes of SS Unpaved, and they edit them to fit commercials in as well. So the chances of finding it are quite difficult.

furryfella

Reaction score
OK thanks jeffery!! I just wondering if noggin did run that clip on the unpaved shows!! I know they showed the original Fur with the red & yellow monster!! :wink:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I don't know if they do...it only comes on late at night and all episodes air out of order, so it will be hard to find out if it's there. I suggest you tape the show and find out yourself.

dwmckim

Reaction score
To add to your question, does anyone hear even REMEMBER the original clip? Nothing comes to my mind - i wonder if it might have been a song done for the album?

But anyway i did want to comment and say this is probably one of my ALL TIME fave songs from any of the Sesame albums - Marilyn Sokol does such a wonderful job vocally and the song itself is so much fun - if i can get some music for it, i might even consider using it as an audition song!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's right DW. This song was done just for the 1975 album, "Sesame Street Monsters". It was never shown on the show.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Yeah, that's right DW. This song was done just for the 1975 album, "Sesame Street Monsters". It was never shown on the show.
Good news: I found out that this clip does exist! It's sung by Betty Lou (in a sparkly silver dress, white feather boa, and with a microphone), with the three background monsters from "Fur" on saxophone (fat blue monster), tambourine (lavendar), and piano (Maurice). It looks like it was taped in 1975.

zns

Reaction score
I heard the song on Muppet Central Radio, and it's a really catchy tune.:smile: It's 100 times better than the one in the video Elmopalooza.:attitude: