I Want a Rugby Tiger!

nicciv07

Reaction score
"The Christmas Toy" came out when I was 3, and I've been addicted ever since. It's not Christmas without it. My parents finally got it on DVD, though I was quite content with the VHS that had that velveeta commercial... remember? Anyway, I was six and my grandpa searched high and low for a Rugby Tiger, but never found one... so he bought me a stuffed tiger, that is of course, named Rugby. Were they ever made? Does anyone have one or know how I can find one? it would be much appreciated! MERRY CHRISTMAS! xoxo

Scooterforever

Reaction score
The day you get a Rugby Tiger plush will be the day I get a Sir Didymus plush; never. I mean, they made Sir Didymus plushes back in 1986, but nowadays they're scarce and go for no less than $500 on eBay:mad:. Would you pay $500 for a Rugby Tiger plush?

robodog

Reaction score
I wanted a Rugby Tiger too when I was a kid. I did the same thing. Got a regular stuffed tiger and named it Rugby. I'm not sure if any official ones were ever made though.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Aw man, I forgot to put Rugby and Mew screen-used Muppets on my most-wanted Muppet Collectors' Items list in that thread! :frown: So yeah, I've always wanted a Rugby Tiger too! But he wouldn't be complete without his best friend Mew! :big_grin:

nicciv07

Reaction score
I would totally pay $500 for a Rugby tiger!! I wish I knew that ya'll had replied to me a year ago! Boo to me replying so late!

I hope you all have had a wonderful year!!

Hubert

Reaction score
While this is up, I might as well mention this: if you want one bad enough, you could probably find someone who makes plush toys on commission and see if they would be willing to custom-make one for you. Sure, they would probably charge a lot, but if you want one bad enough, it may be worth it.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I'd like a rugby tiger too. Just in case anyone from the Henson merchandising dept see this thread!!

Chris

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
It's a shame they didn't make a Rugby Tiger or any of the popular characters from that TV special. I always thought it would be cute to have Christmas ornaments of the characters!