I want your broken figures!

Dearth

Reaction score
Hi,

Have you ever discovered that one of your Palisades Muppet Show figures had tumbled off the shelf and broken off something vital? Did you replace him with a brand-new mint version, but find yourself holding onto the broken one just because you assume no one will want it?

Well, I'm a guy who recently rediscovered his Muppet collection and I have begun customizing Muppet figures, as you may have seen in my thread in the Action Figure section.

I'm currently looking for a few specific parts for planned customs, but knowing that there are a finite number of these toys in existence, I do experience a slight qualm about buying brand-new carded versions of the characters and then cutting and hacking them apart. Not to mention, it's also expensive.

Occasionally I'll tumble onto a bargain on internet selling sites... a Janice with a broken arm was perfect for my Veterinarian's Hospital project, since I needed to straighten the regular figure's arm anyway.

But you can't always luck up like that. So I thought I'd send out a call here...

If you have Palisades figures that are not on display because they are broken, yet you think no one else would want them, think again! Contact me and let's see if we can come to a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Thanks for your time,
Dearth

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Hey Dearth,
Are there any specific figures/parts you're looking for?
Over the years of collecting myself, I've found I have a couple of doubles... So, anything you're specifically looking for?
And I'll see if I can oblige you...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, I know I've got an Adventure Kermit and Frog Scout Leader (FSL) Kermit both with busted yet fixable hips/legs. Also, would you accept straight-up doubles? I bought some for custom projects that never materialized. LMK and I'll go through what I have to send you a list.
Hope this helps.

Dearth

Reaction score
I know I'll probably forget some stuff, but just off the top of my head:

I have three or four projects planned which require the purple tux Gonzo... preferably with the Camilla, since I may also want to do some chicken stormtroopers.

(If by chance, anyone has a broken Lips, I'd really love to put a Lips head on a purple tux body!)

I would love to get another tuxedo Rowlf. I discovered that the plastic of the torso doesn't react well to paint-stripper, and had to pull the chest piece from a previously-customized 'Steppin Out' Swedish Chef to finish my recent White Tux Rowlf conversion. I really only need the torso, to repair Chef, although if the Rowlf head has a good paint job, I could probably use that too.

I need at least two Series One Kermit heads, probably more than that if I really put my mind to it.

Any broken Beakers (it doesn't matter which version) would be very welcome for three different Beaker projects.

I can always use the hands of regular Scooter and usher Scooter. It's a very versatile piece.

Dr. Strangepork is amazingly useful as well. Same goes for First Mate Piggy and Link Hogthrob, too.

And Fozzie is always good for something.

Beyond the ones listed, don't hesitate to suggest others, because there's always the 'custom inspired by broken toy' factor.

For instance, I bid on an eBay lot of broken figures recently, and one of them that I didn't think I had a use for was a holiday Rizzo with a missing ear.

Then when I watched the Tony Randall episode, I saw a rat wearing a football helmet, with no ears visible, and immediately thought of that earless Rizzo. So you never know which way the customs might occur.

Yes, straight doubles are welcome too. And, Count, I really wish I had thought to post this thread before I made my Kermit-as-Alan-Grant custom... because I cut up a pristine Adventure Kermit and a pristine Frog Scout Leader Kermit to make him.

Ah well, who knows? Maybe I can combine my leftover parts with your broken ones and make functional toys of them again.

Dearth

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the Adventure Kermit could maybe be a Han Solo or Hannibal Smith. The FSL Kermit could maybe be a Lifeguard Kermit... Dunno, just a couple ideas. And I have three extra S1 Kermits I could send you. An extra Tux Fozzie, extra Newsie, Floyd, and an Animal 2 among others as well.

Dearth

Reaction score
I sent you a PM, Count. Thanks!

Dearth

Dearth

Reaction score
Ooh!

I just thought of a really cool custom, and I've already got the body and the hat on hand...

Nobody's got JUST THE HEAD of a Link Hogthrob figure, by any chance?

Dearth

Dearth

Reaction score
Thought I'd give this one a bump... anyone else out there with any broken figures?

Dearth

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Thought I'd give this one a bump... anyone else out there with any broken figures?

Dearth
I'll be on the look out for you, bro. I thought I saw some on eBay earlier.

I got your back, man. :big_grin: