I was doing some research and...

christyb

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was doing some research for my next paper that I have to write for comp. class. Well I just read that MCC was released edited! I didn't know this. I did know however about MFC and Emmet Otter's being edited. Now I have a copy from the time that it was orginally released. Does anyone know what scenes were cut out?? I would like to compare a list to my copy. If mine is edited that means that I can no longer quote the entire thing come Christmas time (which really bugs my mother to death). My quoting while the family watches goes back from the time that we orginally got the movie and was watching it everyday like 200 times a day but ya'll didn't need to know about that. Back to my question...Anyone have an answer???

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
In the Henson.com FAQs it has this question:
Henson.com said:
2. We just bought our family's favorite show [Muppet Family Christmas, Muppet Christmas Carol, Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas]. We watched it for the first time and see that it has been edited. Why?
It is true that the recorded release of [Muppet Family Christmas, Muppet Christmas Carol, Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas] is shorter than was the original broadcast special. The original agreement regarding some of the music for this special was for broadcast television only. Subsequently, when the show was re-released certain selections had to be removed.
This is not true though, as the Muppet Christmas Carol was not created for television broadcast nor were releases based off a broadcast version, and the cuts in Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas were not music related. This is why Muppet Family Chirstmas was chopped up, but not the others. I don't know what they mean by their answer, and reasoning.

Now when The Muppet Christmas Carol is longer on TV, video, and DVD than it was when it first premired. When it was orginally shown in theaters the song "The Love Is Gone" was cut out of the film for time and pace (mainly they thought kids in the theaters would loose interest and break attention by this point and a simple and slow musical number would not help the problem). But when shown on TV and on all VHS/DVD releases the song was back in. I don't know of any other edits/cuts made; but if anyone knows of them please share.

christyb

Reaction score
Ahhh...I get it. So this means I can still accurately torture my parents :halo: . They probably need to reword that it sent me in for a shock. (Ok so I'm overreacting)