I was just thinking about current Sesame Street...

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Y'know, the modern SS isnt what it was cracked up to be. I mean, yeah I'd like to see the good ol' guys back in action again but I also think that the new guys are charming too, in their own way. I mean I was watching it the other day and I thought it was cute at the interaction between Telly and Oscar and I thought it was good for today's little ones. I guess that perhaps the new guys are sort of like the 'new wave' of Sesame for the current generation and that they're almost supposed to be for the kids. I kinda see it as Roosevelt Frankiln, Lefty, Sherlock Hemlock, Herry, Fat Blue, et al. were 1969-1989, then Telly, Elmo, Zoe, The Bears, et al are 1990-Current. And of course the guys who've always been there ( Big Bird, Snuffy, Oscar, Grover, etc) were there since the beginning (I know Snuffy came in 70's but you get my drift). And I guess that perhaps the Muppeteers got tired of doing Sherlock Hemlock, Lefty, and just decided to replace them with the newbies. So to me it's not all that bad ( except I find Baby Bear and Zoe annoying at times ) Just My Opinion..

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Mupperteers became tired of doing older characters of not. I mean Jerry Nelson is not doing as many characters as he use to, and Lefty is not really as much of a main character as the the others the Frank OZ created.

Meybe they were just too many characters for the children viewing the show too keep up with, so they got rid of the ones that wern't as major a others, or it could heve been a budget thing.

BEAR

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Y'know, the modern SS isnt what it was cracked up to be. I mean, yeah I'd like to see the good ol' guys back in action again but I also think that the new guys are charming too, in their own way. I mean I was watching it the other day and I thought it was cute at the interaction between Telly and Oscar and I thought it was good for today's little ones. I guess that perhaps the new guys are sort of like the 'new wave' of Sesame for the current generation and that they're almost supposed to be for the kids. I kinda see it as Roosevelt Frankiln, Lefty, Sherlock Hemlock, Herry, Fat Blue, et al. were 1969-1989, then Telly, Elmo, Zoe, The Bears, et al are 1990-Current. And of course the guys who've always been there ( Big Bird, Snuffy, Oscar, Grover, etc) were there since the beginning (I know Snuffy came in 70's but you get my drift). And I guess that perhaps the Muppeteers got tired of doing Sherlock Hemlock, Lefty, and just decided to replace them with the newbies. So to me it's not all that bad ( except I find Baby Bear and Zoe annoying at times ) Just My Opinion..

Don't mean to sound picky, but your opening sentence does not have anything to do with what you were saying. It is not what it is cracked up to be? And then you praise them? Sorry, just unclear.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Don't mean to sound picky, but your opening sentence does not have anything to do with what you were saying. It is not what it is cracked up to be? And then you praise them? Sorry, just unclear.

Oh. I guess it was the wrong thing to say. Here I go again, making a complete fool out of myself...:smirk:...

BEAR

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Oh. I guess it was the wrong thing to say. Here I go again, making a complete fool out of myself...:smirk:...
I was just teasing you. Not trying to make you out to be a fool :smile: