I wonder if Sesame Street will ever come on DVD

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Holy crap, that's a lot of work. A project that size might take a couple years just for planning!

Drtooth

Reaction score
YEah... a best of is your best bet. Especially since you'll wind up getting quite a bit of repeat sketches. I'd think that if they can put like the best episode or 2 per season and put them in volumes, or dual layer disks we'd have something more reasonable. Since you can fit anywhere from 3 hrs to 6+ hrs on a DVD, you could only have about 3-6 hrs per DVD. An episode per year, 6 eps per disk, 4 disks per set= about 24 seasons in one volume.

Unless you just want best of certian characters, better compiled with more footage than the current best ofs. And then there's a possible idea of a "Animators of Sesame Street" collection, with the best of each animated sketch per animator who worked on the show.

There are more possibilities for "best of" type disks than a Season set...

BeamlovesBob

Reaction score
Sigh...

I would only like to see through the end of the 80s sets... But my collection is so limited, it would be nice too if somewhere they could have the huge database and we could browse and just order the show (s) that we wanted...

The best-of's would be nice too.

Oliver

Reaction score
I've been told by another forum member that you can actually call up Sesame Workshop and purchase DVD's on demand, meaning they will basically press and master a disc for you of chosen skits and whatnot (though you need to provide exact referance numbers and details pertaining to the content you want added) and charge you something like $5 a sketch, and than mail them out to you as a plain silver-back DVD in a generic keepcase sans-cover. I would consider doing this but for $5 a sketch it would cost an absolute fortune. I will eventually resort to this means if nothing else comes along, but I'm holding out hope that one day in the near future, we'll see a comprehensive multi-disc collection aimed towards us older nostalgic collectors. The entire run of the show from the first to last episode has already been digitally transfered and organized in an archived computer library for easy picking. We just gotta keep the faith...

:stick_out_tongue:

Maybe one day...

Mario

Reaction score
I like the best of idea, but there'd be still so many people that would be mad if they forgot their favorite skit. I'm so glad that my mom taped episodes of the good years off tv. :smile:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Mario said:
I'm so glad that my mom taped episodes of the good years off tv. :smile:
I've got plenty of old ones too. Mario, if you ever wanna trade, feel free check out my website (link below) to see what I have, then drop me an email or PM. :smile: