1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

I won't be posting anymore...

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Fozzie Bear, Jun 11, 2007.

1. dmoss

dmoss Member

I have not, since my time here, seen any sort of drama or harassment. :confused:
  2. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i truly have not seen any of these things either i truly do not understand where they are seeing this i mean the poeple or person who are saying that it is there it is really strage to me that they are saying that .
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm thinking that MC sometimes cultivates different cliques in some sections that come and go under my long-term radar, but I'm still unclear about the drama. I haven't seen any real drama since the political rants of 2003 from those of both sides.
  4. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

and i wasn't even here in 2003. i mean, i do see some people butt heads a little, but it's usually under control. i havent rully seen any drama. if there is some, i'd love to see it. hahahaha
  5. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Allow me--I'm a classically trained performer. *clears throat*

BA'SCUUUUSE ME? You'don'know'my'life! You come up in here and try to tell me who I is and how I should be, but you.don't.know.me! Back off Clarissa! You had BEST get to steppin'!

*bows*
  6. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Oh snap, I hate Clarissa, she stole mah man. >/ She always gittin' up in mah Kool-Aid wit her nails and her big mouf--I oughta cap a ho!

... *falls over and dies* ; PPP
  7. theprawncracker

*gasp* I see YOU know the art, too! Where did you study? IMA-CUT-U?
  8. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

No, son, OFF-D-HEEZY. I has a 4.0! WUT NAOW! :B
  9. theprawncracker

I say! You're at the Ivy League of insult training. VERY impressive. I'm quite impressed madame. I hurl insults your way.
  10. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

...i stand corrected. the drama in this forum IS unbelievable. :p ;)
  11. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I just want to hurl at some of the things going on around here.:rolleyes:
    (Not saying what because I don't want WW3 to erupt & get banned. That is all.DON'TPM me)
  12. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

You, sir, may want to hurl insults her way... But as soon as you hurl them away, they instantly come back to you. Or wait... No, sorry, that's another famous comedic act I was thinking of. Never mind.

Sincerely,
    Your Face!
  13. APRena

APRena New Member

I fear I've failed the Insult-U. I only ever got as far as third grade:

"You're lame."
    "You're lamer."
    "Lamest."
    "Lamestest."
    "Lamest times infinity"
    "Am not."
    "Are too"
    "Your Mom"
    "Your FACE."
    "Your MOM'S FACE."
    *that weird siren sound every child under the age of boring will do when they notice anyone but them getting in trouble*
  14. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

hahaha. nice insult book. i try my best not to insult people unles i am extremely angry or annoyed with the person. and that happens often with several people i know.....hahahaha
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Sometimes I wonder if you probably like to take a "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" perspective.

:confused:
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Not at all. I just don't see most of this drama you speak of other than the complaints of drama. That's drama in itself, I suppose. :confused:

MC isn't a perfect community, but it's much more tame than it was between 1999 and 2003. Much!
  17. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

yes. it IS drama in itself. TRUST me. take from someone who's in middle school with a best friends who's a girl. complaining about non-existent drama CAUSES drama.
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hehe, Talking about drama creates drama...the only thing freakier is if it happened in drama class. ;)
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yeah...finally me too (kinda)

Frog, how I dislike this thread and I'm going to keep posting here, but probably a lot less... :sympathy:

The truth is that Muppet Central has fallen short as a content-driven site for quite some time and none of my efforts have been able to revive it. I'm still technically a staff member here and I created many of the graphics, smilies and the flash interactivity of Muppet Central over the years, but there's nothing new in the works and that makes me sad. I give Phillip and the staff credit for keeping this site going so long, however it’s been dying on the vine for quite a while. I'd have loved to provide things like my Pepe tutorial and interactive E-Cards here. Neither these nor other members' proposed contributions gained any momentum so I'm withdrawing the offer for such time-consuming treats because I now feel disconnected to this advertisement-centered site and forum. MC will always have the fun menus (check out the Christmas ones up now) and all the other goodies submitted over the years. I'll probably contribute more to the Muppet Mindset and Tough Pigs if and when they’ll have me. Both have been consistently stellar in both content and reputation for quite a while and I check them before coming here.

I’ve been at MC for over a decade and many longtime friends here have too. I also adore the moderating staff here! I was one of them once and can appreciate their plight! Much of the forum has been left to younger, high-spirited fans these days and I just can't relate. I'm known for defending this forum's diversity, but Muppet Central no longer feels like a shared experience.

I enjoy reading posts that respectfully compare and contrast different points of view both positive and negative. That’s become increasingly more difficult at Muppet Central where disliking a project is now perceived as an incorrect personal attack rather than a stated matter of personal taste. There are also bizarre personal battles between members behind the scenes. I know little about them and really don’t want to. Every forum has its more passionate members, yet they’ve now taken over too much of Muppet Central. I'm really not trying to rag on this place. It simply hasn't maintained the relevance it once had for me.

Again, I'll still be around here - quite a bit. Just less than before. I'm over 9,000 posts for frog's sake, and that doesn't factor in the pre-2002 delphi days! I like talking Muppets and exploring all kinds of diversity. I left here once before for a couple of years and it didn't impact my life much except for particular communications with several dear friends. Now there's Facebook for those folk. This link should take you directly to my James V Carroll profile and if you mention you're from Muppet Central I'll friend you!

To be clear, I’m not leaving. I just plan to withdraw a bit and we’ll see how that goes. My living is made on my computer so I’ll still be around if you need me.

Peace, love and Kermits always! :)
  20. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I find myself commenting on something like the new movie, but as far as games and fics and stuff ... just not feeling it anymore. When it comes to feel like having conversations is like pulling teeth, I guess it's time to find something else to do. I might get a conversation after a post like this, but it only lasts a couple of times and then it's back to being a nobody again. I would initiate conversations more, but my entire life is filled with examples of me doing most of the participation without much return for my investment, so there is a valid psychological explanation why I just don't fight for it much anymore as I get older. Here I am, at least on FB. I'm not leaving either, but the Muppety muse has basically left the building.