1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

I won't be posting anymore...

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Fozzie Bear, Jun 11, 2007.

1. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Wow, 801 posts in... that's kind of a lot for a thread about people leaving the forum. All I can say @jvcarroll is that if you do come back, I'll most likely still be here to welcome you back. Take care!

jvcarroll and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you have to take into consideration that this is a ten-year old thread, and we've seen a lot of members over the years depart us for one reason or another - in addition to other members' reactions to said departures.

MikaelaMuppet and 1000 Eyes like this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I saw that you posted in this thread, I got a little scared there for a second :o

1000 Eyes and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  4. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I remember a couple years ago someone fairly new (fozzieisfunny, I believe)
    started a crusade to make MC "as it was in the good old days".

if you just joined, you might've visited for a while, but if you weren't actively participating, how would know how "the good old days' really were?

And when were the "good old days" exactly? Snowthy could probably give a better archival answer than anyone.

But trying to recreate the past, to bring the same spirit that existed in, say, 2004, is an impossible ideal to live up to.
    Expecting everybody to keep the same attitude, and having penguins throwing fish on cue, on demand, is as unrealistic an expectation as you can get.

Trying to recreate the past is like trying to capture lightning in a bottle.

People come and go, for one reason or another. Same as in real life.
    Those of you in college. or even high school: think of ten people you know right now. Ten years from now, if you still are in contact with at least three of them, you're doing good and are ahead of the curve.

Maybe fozzieisfunny can prove me wrong.
    IF he's still posting...

newsmanfan likes this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Again, going by my history here with MC, I would break it down as follows:

2003 (the year I joined) - 2005: MC had no personality that this point - people did indeed come to actually discuss Muppet projects and such, but there just wasn't a sense of community just yet, it was still kind of small.

2005-2007: This is when MC started becoming an actual commuity - people were coming out of their shells and establushing connections with one another, and we really started becoming something of a big, dysfunctional cyber family. This was also during a period where a lot of the more prominent members of the community were joining up. I still credit That Announcer for breaking us together: he was really the one who stirred up fun around here and coaxing us out of our shells.

2007-2009: By this point, MC's community had really solidified - we all knew each other, we were involved in each other's lives, activity was regular, and the atmosphere was carefree and fun-loving.

2010-2012: This was an awkward period were tensions and friction started rising, some people were complaining they were being ignored and cast out by the rest of the community for not being "as popular as other members," and there was also a strange period where tons of new members would join, get involved with the forum for a short amount of time, then just disappear without a trace.

2012-present: Pretty much what MC is like now.

6. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Have to agree with Snowths. Him, Katzi, and I are pretty much all that remains of that "old crowd". When did that happen? To me, the "old crowd" were the people who started the forums in the Delphi format and when MC truly started in 2002 when we all joined up. Phillip, Kevin (FozzieBear), Corey (Janice&Mokey'sMan)... And now about all of the others from our own gang are no longer posting here: Beth, Bo, Ryan/Prawny, Bryan (Bear), Lisa, Sara (ReneeLouvier), Drtooth, Kelly, Aunt Ru, Mrs. P, and now Jamie as the latest casualty. The MC Class of 2005 has dwindled down to us last few survivors. :(

MikaelaMuppet and jvcarroll like this.
  7. 1000 Eyes

Nah I'll probably stick around ad infinitum. :p

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  8. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

I hear you. I intend to drop in still now & then, but I understand your reasoning.

Be well, and may you continue to enjoy creative and personal success!

9. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of leaving soon myself.

10. 1000 Eyes

Sorry to hear that. Why though?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  11. MikaelaMuppet

I have no idea to be honest. Sometimes, I just simply need a break from forum life and to focus on other things.

12. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I haven't really posted regularly in a long time, probably since The Muppets was canceled, there's just not much to talk about. I don't want to "leave" the forum though, I still pop in from time-to-time.

13. MikaelaMuppet

I have made a decision about whether or not I am leaving. The answer is yes, I will be leaving this forum a few days once school gets out. Don't know when exactly and I haven't thought of a date yet.

Hopefully I will make a return once the summer is over or when fall starts to roll around.

I know it's hard, but I just need a long break from this forum, that's all.

14. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

That's too bad. :( But, do whatever you need to do. We will miss you.

15. MikaelaMuppet

I will miss all of you too. :(

muppetgem likes this.
  16. MikaelaMuppet

So I thought I was leaving yesterday, but turns out that I was wrong. I have to wait for some things on here, then I will leave.

17. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I'm leaving on the 30th June

18. MikaelaMuppet

I'll miss you. But I understand your reason for doing so.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  19. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Thanks mate but really I have no reason I just want a break

20. MikaelaMuppet

You're welcome. Thought you did have a reason though, my bad.

BlakeConor14 likes this.