I won't be posting anymore...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aw I'm sorry, yeah there isn't enough consideration of feelings sometimes. Good luck and hope you can come back at some point! :smile:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Just want to let everyone know that I am leaving this forum. It seems like it has degenerated into a slam me slam you forum. Can't want to be involved anymore.

Jomama

When I first started on here, I know how you feel. They kinda did me the same way. And at times, a couple of other members, I can still feel the tention in there post and know who they are directing it to. It is kinda sad that no one can just lets it go and move on. Good luck. :sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's sad to see you go, but I don't believe that you have given this forum much of a chance quite yet. I don't see where any issues have come up in your handful of posts. Did you try contacting one of the forum's several moderators? I would also encourage the mods to move this thread with the official “I'm Leaving” thread.

The forum is a much friendlier place than when I joined back around 2000. Maybe something else is going on aside from the posts on the forum? Is it a diversity issue? I'm still confused. However, if it still is your choice to go, then good luck in life and puppetry. You will always still have a place on Muppet Central Forum. :wink:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Hate to sound like a party pooper or a really cold person...but if the person has left the forum why are we writing responses...they'll never see it. Just a thought.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hate to sound like a party pooper or a really cold person...but if the person has left the forum why are we writing responses...they'll never see it. Just a thought.
Agreed, and not to sound callous, but this needs to be deleted. There is a thread just for this.

Mister Hoggoth

Reaction score
Agreed, and not to sound callous, but this needs to be deleted. There is a thread just for this.
I think people have to remember, a lot of people are new to forums, and don't know to search for older post or even post like this one. I can understand why newer people may find these forums a bit cold sometimes. It's ok to be nice!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My confusion is that this member believes she has this forum pegged yet is unaware of the thread for goodbyes such as this one. Forums are communities and it takes some investment and a few uncomfortable situations to settle in. :confused:

I certainly don't intend to be unkind here. It just doesn't appear that there's justification for this criticism. A member has left without sufficiently giving me and others a genuine opportunity to get to know them. I hope jomama returns and finds a place on the forum. Not everybody gets along all the time in a community, but respectful understandings can be forged; and some seemingly unlikely friendships too. It just takes more than 22 posts to do so. :sympathy:

Edit. I just sifted through her posts and did notice jomama did introduce herself in the appropriate thread however new members should also make an effort to keep up that spirit on other threads and topics. It sometimes takes a while for others to catch on. I still don't see any unkind behavior toward her so I'm perplexed.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Sometimes...members can be cruel, I know, I had my share, but I am still here otherwise what they thought.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I understand the need to keep things orderly in the forum, but sometimes people are reminded a little too harshly (not refering to anyone in particular). I think it's more important that a member felt uncomfortable. Even if nothing was directed at them, you do see some unnecessary bickering (though no where near as bad as other forums!).