Ideas for single-disc Fraggle Rock DVD content

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do you ave any ideas for any Fraggle Rock DVDs? what episodes and themes would you include? here is what I would do:

The best of the gorgs
Sir Hubris and the Gorgs
Junior sells the farm
Junior faces the Music
bonus episode:
Ring around the Rock

How it all ended
the Gorg Who Would Be king
The Honk of Honks
Change of address
Bonus Episode:
The River of Life

minor muppetz

Reaction score
another idea

here is one more idea (for now):

The History of The Rock
Born to Wander
The cavern of Lost Dreams
Mokey, Then and Now
bonus episode;
The bells of fraggle Rock

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I think most of us are more concerned about getting the season sets rather than misc. episode releases.

DerekJ

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
I think most of us are more concerned about getting the season sets rather than misc. episode releases.
(Darn, you had to go steal my "Idea #3: Wipe them off the planet, now that they've served their one earthly purpose and the boxsets are out" response...Okay, so my timing was off!) :smirk:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hehe

I don't think the misc. episode releases should be eliminated (they still serve the purposes of passive fans and kindergarten teachers): I just don't want to give HIT any bright ideas, ya know? :big_grin:

"Hmm...ya know we were gunna do those season sets...but look at all these great single-disc ideas on MC! Lets try those out instead!!"

LOL!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well..... The single disks and season sets of Fraggle Rock make about as much sense as the releases of shows like Family Guy, the Simpsons, Spongebob, and Fat Albert being released both as "Collections" and "best ofs." As we all know, not EVERYONE can afford season by season sets, and some people just want a few episodes here and there, and don't care about an entire season or collection. Also, the Box sets appeal to the fanbase, while the single disks appeal to kids and other people watching it for the first time.

Not to mention the fact certain "Best ofs" have episodes further in the series and different special features than the "collections"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
yeah, I'd rather just have season sets too, but Hit! would release single-disc sets anyway, so why not make a thread about possible single-disc releases?

Also, other shows have had single-disc releases after the season sets began, and those discs still include episodes that were included on season sets that were already released.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I figure there'll be a Gorgs one after the Doozers one. I figure "Sir Hubris" will be on it. In addition to the ones you mentioned, there's also "A Dark and Stormy Night", "The Battle of Leaking Roof", and "Bored Stiff" to choose from, for a starting point. Wonder what they'd call it? Maybe "Gorgs in Glory"?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Drtooth

Reaction score
Usually, I'd complain about this thread being almost 7 years old, but I have to ask... what the heck happened to Lionsgate? They were releasing an impressive back catalog of Jim Henson company owned product... then they just stopped suddenly. We got no more single Fraggle Rock or Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss DVD's... no more specials, no Dog City the series... nothing.