1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Identifying Noggin edits

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Johnmhowarth, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Johnmhowarth

Johnmhowarth Member

Does anyone know or remember which Noggin edits are not noted as cut from Noggin on Muppet Wiki?

2. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

Muppet Wiki doesn't rely on memories for sources. So we can't go by that. We can only rely on physical copies. But who cares? Identifying Noggin edits isn't that important, unless you're talking about finding segments that are missing from Noggin-compiled guides

3. Johnmhowarth

Johnmhowarth Member

Why isn't memories a reliable source

4. Johnmhowarth

Johnmhowarth Member

5. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

Aleal on Muppet Wiki explained this to me, and this is exactly what he said:
    Memory alone isn't reliable. We don't trust our own memories generally until or unless verified by actual evidence (the source show, production documents, interview, whatever). People remember things or guests on Sesame Street or Muppet productions that never happened, and that's where rumors come from. I've remembered thinking a character was probably played by one performer, then find video footage and clear proof it wasn't. On and on it goes.

Memory cannot be verified since it's only in your head and can change with the years. A photograph or video of what you remember seeing, that can be shared and confirmed or corrected ("No, that's not so and so, that's...") It's as simple as that. Sometimes you can ask "I remember such and such happening" on a forum and someone else may actually have a video link or a document to add to it. But we can't just go by "I remember this," because our approach is encyclopedic and based on citing sources. Memory is not encyclopedic and can only be sourced outside of itself (that's what we mean by verifying a memory).

6. mariolover

mariolover Active Member

If you ever want to get someone's attention again, just type @ followed by the user's username. That way, they will be notified in their alerts that you mentioned them.

7. Johnmhowarth

Johnmhowarth Member

@Boober_Gorg, do you know the segments cut from the Noggin version of Sesame Street Episode 3171? You have both the Noggin and PBS versions of the episode. The noggin edits to 3171 are unknown, but the guide on Muppet Wiki is still complete. To reveal the Noggin edits, watch the Noggin version and read the PBS-compiled guide.

Link to the PBS-compiled guide: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_3171

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  8. Johnmhowarth

Johnmhowarth Member

@ssetta, do you know the segments not in the Noggin version of any of the following episodes: 3147, 3150, 3162, 3167, 3170, 3176, 3189, 3190, 3200.

9. Johnmhowarth

Johnmhowarth Member

@MuppetDude, do you know the Noggin edits in 3184? Oscarfan doesn't know them

10. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Tony isn't all that active on this site anymore, I hope you know that.

muppetgem likes this.
  11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I saw a Sesame Street episode not too long ago and believe it may have had some things cut.

Forget which one though.

12. Johnmhowarth

Johnmhowarth Member

Can you help Tony go on this site?

13. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Sure, I'll perform my magic powers to bring back his internet wifi.

Bliffenstimmers and muppetgem like this.