Identifying Noggin edits

Johnmhowarth

Reaction score
Does anyone know or remember which Noggin edits are not noted as cut from Noggin on Muppet Wiki?

mariolover

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki doesn't rely on memories for sources. So we can't go by that. We can only rely on physical copies. But who cares? Identifying Noggin edits isn't that important, unless you're talking about finding segments that are missing from Noggin-compiled guides

mariolover

Reaction score
Why isn't memories a reliable source
Aleal on Muppet Wiki explained this to me, and this is exactly what he said:
Memory alone isn't reliable. We don't trust our own memories generally until or unless verified by actual evidence (the source show, production documents, interview, whatever). People remember things or guests on Sesame Street or Muppet productions that never happened, and that's where rumors come from. I've remembered thinking a character was probably played by one performer, then find video footage and clear proof it wasn't. On and on it goes.

Memory cannot be verified since it's only in your head and can change with the years. A photograph or video of what you remember seeing, that can be shared and confirmed or corrected ("No, that's not so and so, that's...") It's as simple as that. Sometimes you can ask "I remember such and such happening" on a forum and someone else may actually have a video link or a document to add to it. But we can't just go by "I remember this," because our approach is encyclopedic and based on citing sources. Memory is not encyclopedic and can only be sourced outside of itself (that's what we mean by verifying a memory).

Johnmhowarth

Reaction score
@Boober_Gorg, do you know the segments cut from the Noggin version of Sesame Street Episode 3171? You have both the Noggin and PBS versions of the episode. The noggin edits to 3171 are unknown, but the guide on Muppet Wiki is still complete. To reveal the Noggin edits, watch the Noggin version and read the PBS-compiled guide.

Link to the PBS-compiled guide: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_3171

Johnmhowarth

Reaction score
@ssetta, do you know the segments not in the Noggin version of any of the following episodes: 3147, 3150, 3162, 3167, 3170, 3176, 3189, 3190, 3200.