if Jerry Juhl continued performing

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If Jerry Juhl continued to be a performer, what characters do you think he would have performed?

golden teeth

Reaction score
You obviously meant Jerry Nelson, not writer Jerry Juhl(right?).

Nelson would have probably performed the same characters he did. He was a principal performer for Muppets Tonight where his only new character was one of the Elvises, so the same for the Muppets.

He now only does the Count and ANnouncer on Sesame Street, but they do a good job with the Count. Hes in every episode now, and has even had some new songs recently. I dont know who Jerry'd perform of new characters on Sesame Street.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
You obviously meant Jerry Nelson, not writer Jerry Juhl(right?).

Nelson would have probably performed the same characters he did. He was a principal performer for Muppets Tonight where his only new character was one of the Elvises, so the same for the Muppets.

He now only does the Count and ANnouncer on Sesame Street, but they do a good job with the Count. Hes in every episode now, and has even had some new songs recently. I dont know who Jerry'd perform of new characters on Sesame Street.
No Jerry Juhl performed thats who he is talking about.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
He performed Taminella Grinderfall on "The Frog Prince", "Hey Cinderella!", and "The Muppets On Puppets."

muppetperson

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
Oh...sorry, my mistake!:big_grin:
I am with you on this one because Jerry Juhl is known mainly as a writer.
Minor Muppetz-who do you mean?:confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
I am with you on this one because Jerry Juhl is known mainly as a writer.
Minor Muppetz-who do you mean?:confused:
I am talking about Jerry Juhl. When he first worked for Jim Henson, he was both a writer and a performer. He performed taminella Grinderfall in Tales of The Tinkerdee and The frog Prince, and he performd in a number of Ed Sullivan Show sketches such as performing the son monster in the father and son monster sketch and the reindeer known as Blitzen in the reindeer sketch.

After Frank Oz joined, he decided to stick to writing and slowy stopped performing.

muppetperson

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I am talking about Jerry Juhl. When he first worked for Jim Henson, he was both a writer and a performer. He performed taminella Grinderfall in Tales of The Tinkerdee and The frog Prince, and he performd in a number of Ed Sullivan Show sketches such as performing the son monster in the father and son monster sketch and the reindeer known as Blitzen in the reindeer sketch.

After Frank Oz joined, he decided to stick to writing and slowy stopped performing.
Thanks for clearing that up and for the info.Who knows what characters he could of gone on to do.He seemed to stop when Frank Oz joined, so hyperthetically if Frank hadnt of joined, Jerry Juhl could of ended up being the performer for Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Sam the Eagle,.......etc:cool: