1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

If they could sing now...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by bandit, May 11, 2012.

1. vettech28 Active Member

While we're talking about Beatles songs, "Ticket to Ride" would be a good song for Gobo and Wembley to sing together. On my dad's iPod, I heard Jim Croce's "It Doesn't Have to be that way" and I thought that would be a good song for Gobo to sing.
  2. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Bwhahahaha! You're a genius, vettech28! I researched for "It Doesn't Have To be That Way and it is more like a Christmas song. Other than that, you have very good observations of what you want the Fraggles to sing. Great job!
  3. bandit Well-Known Member

Wow! Actually, vettech, I hadn't heard "It Doesn't Have to be That Way" before but I looked it up and I can see why you chose Gobo for this song. They have that same nasal quality (That sounds like it's not a compliment, but it is!) It's sort of Cat Stevensy though my very first impression of this song was.....
    Glenn Yarborough's little ditty for The Hobbit. *snerks* The man that swallowed a lamb....In case you haven't had the pleasure...Oh please, allow me.

heralde likes this.
  4. bandit Well-Known Member

Across the Universe- Mokey! Nuff said. Perfect match.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I love that song! Beatiful! Inspiring! Amazing! I heard the song, "Across The Universe" by the Beatles before. Love it!!!
  6. bandit Well-Known Member

Isn't it great!?And isn't it the perfect blend of introspection, poetry and serenity that Mokey does best!?
  7. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Oh yes! Yes! It is perfect for Mokey! Oh wow! Thank you for posting! (chuckles)!
  8. bandit Well-Known Member

Hah! You're almost starting to sound like me. ^____^
  9. bandit Well-Known Member

I want Red to sing Moon River.

10. bandit Well-Known Member

Once again, maybe not all the lyrics work here but some of them as well as the imagery work pretty well for Red. The tune alone though, stands out as a good one for her...
    To which song am I referring, you might ask? As If By Magic by LaRoux. If you haven't seen the video....DO so. Marvel at her outrageous cupie doll hair and phenomenally large feet. Oh yeah and the song's pretty great too.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  11. bandit Well-Known Member

Also, the Robots In Disguise song Turn It Up has a decidedly 'Other Fraggles' feel to it. All that is needed is the robotic HA-HA-HA...HEE-HEE-HEE-HO-HO-HO. Go Beige!
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  12. vettech28 Active Member

I always thought that any song by James Taylor would be a good fit for Gobo like "Fire and Rain" or "You can close your eyes" with the other fraggles singing in harmony with him in other song by James Taylor.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  13. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Okay! I am spilling it right now! I am a Beatles fan and I had this dream that Gobo Fraggle and Floyd were singing, "Blackbird" in a nice place. So, I thought the song Blackbird would probably fit nicely for Gobo maybe.
    DrDientes likes this.
  14. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Howe about Eric Carmen's All By Myself? I could imgine Wembley singing this song whenever he's alone. I understand nobody knows who Eric Carmen is, but I thought this song would fit perfect for Wembley than other Fraggles.
  15. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I wil;l admit that I love listening to John Denver, Simon & Garfunkel, and other folk singers. I can definetely seeing that. LOL!
  16. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

*Bumping the thread... again.

How about "Both Sides Now" sung by Mokey.

Has anyone heard this song before? That inckludes you too, Plaid Fraggle.
  17. KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

Mokey singing "Tommorow" from Annie. Waddaya think? Too unbelievable?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. mostlikemokey Active Member

The Beatles are awesome for the fraggles in general, but I was thinking, "let it be," for either Boober or Wembley? Despite Boober as pessimistic attitude I think that it would be a good song for him, because in a time of genuine crisis, he can cope very well and tell others to be calm, and Wembley seem like a good fit because it's such a hopeful song and he's an eternal optimist. Plus both of their voices would be good with it.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  19. muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

This may sound obvious you guys but I was thinking of Red, Gobo, and Wembley singing Wooly Bully. Oh they would be screaming. Otherwise, it's a blues song.
  20. vettech28 Active Member

I think that Wembley would sing "Bein' Green", he is a light shade of green after all. And because Wembley is known for singing rather silly songs, I always thought that he would be a good choice to sing "One Banana" from Sesame Street with Gobo and Boober singing backup. It's pretty obvious why, all he wears is banana tree shirts.
    GopherCoffee likes this.