1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

If they had to recast Doc...

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Meepsterboy, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Meepsterboy

Meepsterboy New Member

Who would you pick?
    I'd say Christopher Lloyd, on looks and screen prescence. Either him or Max Wright, aka Mr. Tanner from Alf.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I could see either one of them doing Doc, though obviously they'd both be very different interpretations.
  3. I can't picture anyone else playing the part:(
  4. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Is the original Doc still around?
  5. christyb

christyb New Member

I could live with Christopher Lloyd being Doc. Just because I like him as an actor. However, Gerry Parks is able to do the part then I say spend all the budget if need be getting him (okay maybe not the whole budget b/c then we wouldn't have a movie). It just would be quite right without him.
  6. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

Why can I just picture(based on appearances) Leslie Neilsen playing Doc?

Daniel
  7. superboober

superboober Member

Those are pretty good choices, I think. One person I would also consider is Due South's Gordon Pinsent, who has a Doc-ish quality to him.
  8. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

if Gerry Parks can't do it for whatever reason, I wouldn't mind them writing a script that didn't include Doc
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Isn't Max Wright dead?

I think the guy who played Roscoe in Dukes of Hazzard could fill the role now--if he doesn't do the silly country hick thing.
  10. Teheheman

Actually, Max Wright isn't dead. He's still alive. Isn't the guy who played Doc originally dead? I tried to look it up, just in case, and I didn't see anything that said that he died.

Daniel
  11. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

If they couldn't get Gerry Parkes (who as far as I know, is still alive). I would pick Christopher Lloyd. Merely because he's an awesome actor, and I could see him accurately bringing the playfulness and utter slight cluelessness that Doc needs. Like that Grandfatherly air of sweetness, combined with the hint of curmedogen!
  12. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Well, Gerry Parks is the best choice because he was Doc, but it seems that there is a chance he may not be able to do the picture. If the actor had to be replaced, I'd consider the following choices:
    Dick Van Dyke
    Michael Caine
    Bob Newhart
  13. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Ooh, I like those ideas Bryan. I really could see Bob Newhart for some reason, he's similar to Gerry Parks. Guess we'll just have to see what happens as they get ready to make the movie.
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Or they could always use the Captain. *runs away screaming in terror*
  15. heralde

If they couldn't get Doc, I wouldn't mind seeing the Captain, as I never have before.
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Trust me...you don't really want to. Captain was just a weird, grumpy old man with a beard and a Scottish accent. I never found anything about him appealing.
  17. heralde

Well you know, Americans tend to be suckers for Scottish accents, etc. Hehe
  18. Meepsterboy

Meepsterboy New Member

If Christopher Lloyd was cast, Michael J. Fox's words would be true: "You're the Doc, Doc." :crazy::p
  19. ravagefrackle

ravagefrackle New Member

just beacuse it would be wired, how about the guy who played Father Jack on the BBC show "FATHER TED"
  20. Teheheman

Now THOSE are good ideas. Who's the Captain?

Daniel