1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

If you could ask...

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Squall Leonhart, Apr 27, 2007.

1. I've been wanting to post this for awhile now and never had enough guts, I hope nobody's asked this before, but if you could ask or tell Jim Henson something what would it be? I know I'd want to thank him for bringing Kermit and the muppets into the world, along with Fraggle Rock.
  2. Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I'd ask him what he thinks of Pepe.
  3. heralde Well-Known Member

Hmm, good idea! Well I'd definitely thank him for his work of course. And I'd ask what he thought about the current muppet projects. And what does he think of the forum!
  4. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I once had a dream where I went to heaven to meet him, and I asked him something about The Jim Henson Hour.
  5. Vic Romano Active Member

I'd ask him how he felt about his Muppets today, how he felt about so many different organizations owning different pieces... but in all honesty, I'd probably have a severe emotional breakdown and ask him why he didn't go to the hospital sooner. :(
  6. zeldazipple New Member

We all know the answear to why he didn't go sooner.
    But if I was to ask Jim something it would be how dose he feel about when people diss him or his creations?
  7. anytimepally Active Member

I'd ask him what kind of drugs I'd taken in order to be talking to him :) .. no, seriously.. I'd probably tell him what an influence he's been... and ask him for a job ;)
  8. SSLFan Well-Known Member

I'd ask him what he thinks of the "New Sesame Street," hehe.
  9. I'd tell Jim how much I love him and his work, and ask how he came up with the each of the members of the Fraggle Five and the unique names some of them have (like how did he come up with Boober's name). I know the story about Wembley, and Red's name is obvious, but what about Boober, Gobo and Mokey?

Also, if I could meet Dave Goelz, I'd ask him if Boober's "Sugar lips!" line in "We Love You Wembley Fraggle" was scripted or ad-libbed by him (I find that line, coming out of Boober's mouth, absolutely hysterical!):D

Patricia/cherrypotion27
  10. Super Scooter New Member

Boober was the name of a cow.

Mokey was a childhood friend of Jim's.

Gobo is a technical term for "Go Between" (Hollywood talk).

I dunno what I'd ask Jim. I would thank him for giving me my best friends growing up (I'm pathetic :p ).
  11. Collgoff Well-Known Member

I would ask Jim Henson many stuff but I don't know where to start!
  12. Hubert Well-Known Member

First off, I would thank Jim for the many hours of entertainment he gave us.

Then, I would have to ask him who was the performer of Astoria in the Dizzy Gillespie episode of the Muppet Show.
  13. Nasubionna Active Member

After crying like a baby and hugging him for about 3 hours nonstop, I would say "thanks", and then probably ask him a bit more about his personal spiritual/life philosophy. I've always been envious of and amazed by Jim's apparent optimism and belief in other people. I struggle with pessimism, cynicism, depression and misanthropic tendencies, and while Jim certainly had his dark days, on the whole he came across as just generally so positive and hopeful, with a great faith in other people. Sounds like a great way to be, and I wish I was better at it.
    Borples likes this.
  14. Borples Active Member

I completely agree with the crying like a baby part. That's pretty much a given. And then I'd like to know if he understands just how much he and his creations mean to so many people. He brought so much love into the world, and I've always hoped that he knew that before he died, and that he knows it now. I was thinking about that during the run-up to the movie last year. The way grown up, professional people would either dissolve into delighted giggles, or get teary and shaky when they met Kermit. All of the wonderful things said in the press about the Muppets' place in our culture. Jim ought to be in on all of that, and I'd like to ask him, just to make sure he is.
  15. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I don't think there could ever be enough words to what Jim Henson has meant to me. I can tell you my childhood would be very gloomy.
  16. vettech28 Active Member

First, I would thank him for creating so many lovable characters for each of his projects. I think I would ask him what was his favorite project to work on? I wonder if he had a least favorite character? We all know who his favorite is! :)
  17. mo Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting to meet jim when I do I'm going to ask him what he thinks of disney,whoopi goldberg and apple sause :):jim:
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  18. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I'll ask him how many hours his hand is in Kermit's body.
    mo likes this.