1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

If you were a Muppet Show Guest Star...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by jobi71, Nov 15, 2012.

1. jobi71

jobi71 New Member

We have often heard that the guest stars on the Muppet Show were asked (some version of) is there a particular Muppet you would like to appear with, or some skill you would like to demonstrate?

This has what brought us priceless moments such as Rudlph Nureyev singing with Miss Piggy in a sauna and Beverly Sills hanging spoons with Gonzo on their nose.

So I ask you if you were a Muppet Show guest star who would you want to appear with? And before all sorts of false (and real) modesty take over - assume, for the sake of this question, if you want to sing a duet with Miss Piggy you have the vocal chops to do it. If you want to tap dance with Sweetums you have the skill to do so. Etc.

My choices?

I would like to appear on a panel discusion sketch (the subject could be just about anything) although the panelist would be myself, Miss Piggy, Bunsen Honeydew, and either Gorgon Heap (classic) or Big Mean Carl (modern) plus Kermit as moderator.

Plus I would like to appear in a number/sketch set At the Dance. Among the dancing couples would be Rowlf and his date; Zelda Rose and Blue Frackle; Mildred and George; plus several whatnots/frackles/chickens/penguins since that is what made the sketches so much fun.

And I would also have a brief exchange (ala Juliet Prwose) with Zoot.

I know I would not be the most exciting of guests. ;-)

What would you like to do?
  2. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I can't really think of a lot of different things I'd want to do at the moment... but I know for sure that I would have to do SOMETHING with Gonzo! That would just be too amazing :D

I do have some skill with the trumpet, I could see enjoying a trumpet duo with Lips!
  3. BooberGypsy

BooberGypsy Member

I don't care what it world be that we'd do but ANYTHING with Animal haha. He's my all time favorite Muppet XD
  4. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Would it be weird if I did a "Muppet Newsflash" with newsie? I'd like to do a newsflash, and have something odd happen to me (but not with as much violence as newsie gets!)​
    I'd also like to hang out with Miss Piggy, Link, and Julius Strangepork! (Especially Mr. Strangepork!), and what about Bunsen & Beaker? That'd be fun too! Have a science experiment go wrong, and laugh at Beaker's expense!​
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

This is a great idea, it's something I've often thought about. So here are some of my potential "requests:"

I just HAVE to do something with Beau. HAVE to. I don't care if it's a small sketch of dialogue, some sort of musical number with him, but I need to do something with him.

And I also wanna do a dance number with Thog (despite the fact that I can't even dance :p). And then at the end I wanna give him a big hug and fulfill my life's dream.
  6. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...

Well, I'd like to dance an "At the dance" Sketch with the bear of my dreams...
    (Or Tango. I can tango.)

And... I will do ANYTHING with Miss Piggy!
    Anything!

And, hey, maybe even a Muppet Labs thing with me Bunsen, and Beaker!
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  7. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Anything with Lips. Or Crazy Harry. Or Sweetums. Or Thog. Or Behemoth. Or Beautiful Day Monster. Or Lew Zealand. Or Bobo........
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

(Not to nitpick, but if a mod happens to be looking at this, could we please split up the words "guest" and "star" in the new title? It looks really strange...)
  9. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'd love to sing a duet with Rowlf, even though I can't sing at all. They could clean that up in post-production.

And to rip off Hubert's ideas, slightly, I'd like to do something with Sweetums and then give him a giant hug. He may seem angry, but he's got a heart of gold. :grr:
    Hubert likes this.
  10. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

defently pepe walter or thog... :) or kermit
  11. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I would like to have Animal of course. But I also love Sweetums and that Hugga Wugga Monster. Lastly I would just like to social with Kermit.

Could I pick a non TMS character? I would just like Raphael from TMNT to be included too.

Overall, I would just want to be funny and everything funny.
  12. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

First I would sing with Miss Piggy (& Rowlf on piano)...some love song a la Lou Rawls, Elton John or Kris Kristofferson.
    Then I would do some kind of skit with Thog, Sweetums, & Timmy Monster.
    Then I would talk with either Kermit or Fozzie, and maybe help them with any problems they're having (stress, stage fright, sadness, etc).
    Next I would be an assistant in one of Gonzo's stunts. Of course, Gonzo would suffer more than I would.
    Finally I would perform with the Electric Mayhem. I'm thinking "Frankenstein" by Edgar Winter...they would all get to play, and we'd all wear spooky Halloween costumes...plus, I would get to play the drum solo with Animal!!! And while we play, there'd be a full-body Frankenstein monster lumbering around onstage.
    And for the closing scene (when the credits usually roll) I'd like to be surrounded by Kermit, Piggy, Rowlf, Floyd, Janice, Luncheon Counter Monster, Sweetums, & the still-wounded Gonzo...I can imagine him staggering across the stage with a bandaged head & gauze on his arms...LOL.
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow this is a cool one....
    I would have to work in with Kermit Fozzie, Rowlf, the band, and Sam and Gonzo.
    I would kind of want to do a show with a whole lot of Sam. Maybe one where It's the 4th of July and everyone is celebrating it as if it where Sam's birthday. I know thats not all together a new idea but it could work with a weird twist. I can jsut see all these patritic songs being sung not to Sam's likeing and it all going wrong, with the last one being The Star Spangled Banner but done with some ture meaning. Kind of like when Fozzie sang America the Beautiful in The Muppet Movie.
  14. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

I'd sing a song with Robin (not that I'm much of a singer :p ), do a saxophone duet with Zoot, and do practically anything I could with Gonzo. :p
  15. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I'll sing with Robin, play the piano with Rowlf, avoid Piggy the entire show, and maybe enter :boo: and :sleep:'s box just for fun.
    Maybe also with the Frog Scouts, as I'm a scout myself.
  16. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I have no vocal chops what so ever...But I can rap :D! I'd love to do a freestyle rap backed-up by Rowlf on piano and maybe have some musical jokes in there and even have Sam come in to try and stop this because rap music is offensive XD And then I'd love to have a fighting segment with Miss Piggy and us maybe karate chopping Kermit a little...purely by accident of course! And I would love to have a dance number with Gonzo because if you've seen the Lola Falana episode of The Muppet Show, you are aware of the fact that Gonzo is indeed the greatest dancer!
  17. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I'd like to do a dance performance, sing a song with Scooter because he's one of my favorite muppets, and as a finale, myself and Kermit, Robin, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Gonzo and the band can do a broadway jazz style performance.
  18. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I would definetly do something involving the Electric Mayhem and the Muppet Orchestra. Mostly Zoot and Lips and Trumpet Girl, you know. So that they can get more attention....LOL:)

PEACH......I mean.....PEACE!!!!!:cool:
  19. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

If I were a guest on The Muppet Show, I would like to be one of those off the wall guests like Spike Milligan, Peter Sellers, and who was that guest who thought she was a pirate and turns the whole theater into a pirate ship and takes over the show? Usually Kermit yells as the other guys for being off the wall, but I always liked the episodes where the guest became the comic as well and drives Kermit more insane. lol

And for some reason, the episode where (another guest star I don't remember her name) she comes down stairs asking if Kermit has a problem with Mickey Moose and he says no, then she's like "Great, hit it guys!" then a whole cast of Muppets including Dr. Teeth start singing the Mickey Mouse Club Song "M-I-C-K-E-Y" then Kermit yells at them "Will you all GET OUTTA HERE!?!?!" lol One of my all time favorites. lol
    MuppetLuver2000 and ProboSowa like this.
  20. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

The guest star who acted as a pirate was actress Glenda Jackson in Season 5, which we have YET to have released on DVD...:(
    The other guest star who played that joke on Kermit with Mickey Moose was a singer named Petula Clark. It was pretty funny when I first watched it on the Season 2 DVD set: Petula, Scooter, Fozzie Bear, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, and even Zoot were singing the Mickey Mouse Club theme! (not to mention the moose antlers they had on their heads) hahaha