1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

If you were having a Muppet dinner party...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Gonzo, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

This is an attempt to get off of the action figures subject for a minute...

Here's the scenario:

You and your significant other are hosting a dinner party, and you can invite eight Muppets--from any series or setting (i.e. Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, etc...). Which eight Muppets would you invite, and is there any reasoning behind it?

Here's who Melissa and I would invite over:

Kermit (of course--my hero and best friend)
    Piggy (the sweetest bacon ever)
    Gonzo (my other hero and best friend)
    Janice (for her naughtiness and so we could call Byron and leave all kindsa messages for him)
    Sam (the voice of reason)
    Grover (because I love him...and so he can NOT serve the food)
    Oscar (to get into "discussions" with Sam)
    Mokey (because you need a free spirit at dinner parties)

I think that's who I'd pick.

Any ideas for your own Muppet Dinner Party?

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  2. statler&waldorf

statler&waldorf New Member

Statler
    Waldorf
    Sweetums
    Gonzo
    Rowlf
    Big Bird
    Bert
    Ernie

I wanted Oacar and Cookie monster, but they are just not good dinner guests, so I skipped on them. And Snuffy is just to big, he couldn't even fit in the door
  3. LOL! It's nice to be remembered, Quinn, even if it's only to torment me...

Anyway, here are my 8:

Janice
    Mokey
    (do I even need to explain those?---My Muppet soulmates, for anyone who doesn't know)

Count Von Count---my favorite SS Muppet

Sam the Eagle---another big favorite TMS character, and it's be such a hoot to watch him keep gettin' flustered

Rowlf---a good solid guy, and some nice dinner and after-dinner music

Gobo---another good fraggle presence, and the one I idolized as a little boy

Gunge---it'd be neat to see him separated from Philo, and to maybe learn some more about his, Philo's, and the Trash Heap's history

Grover---I love the guy, and ya gotta have him around.

There would be more I'd like to have, but these are the Top 8 that came to my mind---well, apart from the Top 2, which are always in my mind...
  4. Salmoto

Salmoto New Member

Kermit - The calm in the storm.

Piggy - She adds a little class and glamour to an outing.

Gonzo - He'd have lots of interesting stories, and he'd play with the food, and we can borrow eachother's shirts. :D

Fozzie - He seems to enjoy a meal, and he could tell a few jokes.

Johnny Fiamma - Providing some soothing after dinner music. He probably has some stories to tell too. and he could provide us with somma 'da sauce......

Sal - To keep the other guests in line in front of Johnny!

Pepe - We have a lot in common, ok.....?

Robin - I never had a dinner partry without at least one kid. Robin would be the most mature child I've ever had at one. :p
  5. radionate

radionate New Member

I worked on this all day. Dinner parties take careful planning don't you know. Since I'm not one whose into formal dinner parties, it took quite a lot of thought on my part. Here it goes:

Kermit – I mean, who wouldn’t?
    Bean Bunny – My favorite as a kid, I’d have to see if he’s really that cute in person
    The Cat in the Hat – I’d invite him, because he’s a Hoot, and if you will notice, he’s already wearing a suit!
    Marvin Skuggs – For a little Dinner Music
    Statler – To keep it all real
    Fozzie Bear – For Entertainment Purposes
    Frazzle from S.S. – I always liked him, and it would give him exposure to make a comback
    Tutter – He’s one of my newest favorites, and would be a great conversation starter
    Robin – I guess I just have a thing for the little guys.
    And Gorgan Heap - so I wouldn’t have to worry about cleaning everything up. I’d just let him eat it all.
  6. Aerosmith

Aerosmith New Member

Kermit
    Gonzo
    Beaker
    Animal
    Fozzie
    Piggy
    Swedish Chef
    Rowlf
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

1 Kermit - gotta have the frog
    2 Pepe - love the prawn
    3 Gonzo - i just seem to relate to him
    4 Scooter - haven't seem him in a while
    5 Janice - ditto
    6 Rowlf - could play some tunes after we eat
    7 Sal - he cracks me up and he deserves a night off
    8 Bo Bo - deserves some fun too and he still eats less than Miss Piggy

I didn't want to pick one fraggle without the others and even though Muppets are funny when they upstage each other none of these guys would hog the conversation too much.
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

Ok myself and the current Mrs Robbins (in waiting) would invite these lucky eight fuzzy friends :-

(1) Elmo :- Ok so he would BE Dinner once he got annoying
    (2) Fozzie Bear :- I don't like Tomatoes - so i could throw them at him !
    (3) Gonzo :- Just an all round cool guy, and my girlfriend has a nose similar to his so they'd have a lot to talk about - plus he could build me a hot tub in the garden.
    (4) Miss Piggy :- Gotta have her - there are so many different things you can do with pork nowdays.
    (5) Pepe The Prawn :- As seen in MFS, would be a good after dinner Poker player. Hopefully we can get the girls drunk and make it 'Strip Poker'.
    (6) Rizzo Rat :- Another all round cool guy.
    (7) Clueless Morgan :- I like him, but he's clueless so he'd better remember his table manners or else he'll go the same was as Elmo, Goat is a delicacy in some countries y'know !
    (8) A Muppet Penguin - So we could discuss business of a gratuitous nature, and generally blow things up.

There we have it - great idea Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  9. Billy's Girl

Billy's Girl New Member

Sweetums
    Janice
    Rowlf
    Big Bird
    Junior (Fraggle Rock)
    Kermit
    Scooter
    Elmo
  10. fluffmuppet

fluffmuppet Member

I'm not a "dinner" kinda girl, myself. So I'm probably gonna invite guests that are pretty wild!

-Gonzo- Do I need to explain it? I've always wanted to meet him! I'de make him dance on the table, while balacing a house plant on his nose, twirling a banana on his shoe as he juggles cutlery with his free hands! Woot!
    -Kermit- Who wouldn't invite Kermit? He's the MAN!
    -Pepe- He could blab out the whole menu with his hilarious accent, okay? He'd pick up a nice conversation with me :)
    -Miss Piggy- She'd show me a couple of tips on self defence! Yaaaa! I also like the way she embarasses Kermit by snuggling with him..heehee.
    -Zoie- The cutest little fluff of orange I've ever seen! I can't resist her! So cute!
    -Janice- Yuah, ukay, like, I mean like, things are REALLY gonna be cool once we get to meet Janice! Fer shure!
    -Floyd Pepper- I just LOVE the way this guy sings! I'de make him do a gig while we chow! Can you picture that?
    -Animal- He'd need a strong leash, but I'm sure he'd have a good time!

Yep yep yep!
  11. Okay, all you "Who wouldn't invite Kermit?" people---so far, 3 of us wouldn't invite him! LOL!

:p

It's Quinn's fault, though---had he made it 10 instead of 8, ol' Kerm may have made my liste...
  12. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Well, BYYYYYron....

Since *YOU* would probably be going solo, technically there'd be a seat open for Kermit--

And Janice and Mokey DOESN'T mean you'd be "going trio."

I would invite Kermit just because we have a problem with Mosquitos and Box Elder Bugs this summer...he'd be cheap feedin'.

And I love him so much. But he'd have to wear his collar. We tolerate no nudity in this household.

Riiiiiiight.

Quinnnnnnnnnn
  13. What am I, French? Lol...
  14. Kermie19

Kermie19 New Member

I would invite:

1.) Kermit - My all time favorite Muppet
    2.) Piggy - I can't think of a reason why, but I just would invite her
    3.) Fozzie - He's a funny guy, er, uh, bear
    4.) Gonzo - He seems like he would be fun to have at a dinner party
    5.) Pepe - I'd like to learn more about one of the newest characters
    6.) Ernie - I love Ernie, if it's a slumber party or something he could lead us in dancing ourselves to sleep
    7.) Bert - you can't invite Ernie without inviting Bert, it just seems unnatural to me, besides they were my favorite characters from Sesame Street and seeing Ernie without Bert all the time now makes me sad
    8.) Rizzo - although he would probably eat everything before we could get to it

Sure they're all main characters, but I love these guys.

Bryce
  15. Joggy

Joggy Member

Me and my significant other (my Joggy Fraggle puppet) would invite the following Muppets...

First of all I'd invite Kermit and Miss Piggy. I mean, anyone who turns down an offer to have the two Muppet stars at your dinner table must be nuts!
    Then I'd love to have some of the warm, polite Muppet characters besides Kermit - Rowlf, and Gobo. I think we'd have great conversations together…
    I'll add Wembley because I love him, he's Gobo's friend, and I really wanna give the guy a fair chance to be a full part of the group. He's so insecure and I'd love to see him get along with everybody at the dinner table…
    Then there's Gonzo - I invite him because he'll give the whole dinner a great deal of humour. You're sure to get some zanyness when you talk to Gonzo.
    For the last two, I first wanted to pick some SS characters, but I don't think they'll fit in with the more adult characters. So I'll choose Floyd and Janice. I feel quite at ease around musicians, ya know, maaaaan.

So that's about it...
  16. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

I wouldn't be able to pick eight...I would invite quite a few more. I would invite:

Kermit
    Fozzie
    Gonzo
    Rowlf
    Dr. Teeth
    Floyd
    Janice
    Robin
    Big Bird
    Ernie
    Bert
    Snuffy
    Gobo
    Wembley
    Boober
    Mokey
    Red
    Sprocket
  17. monkeymuppet

monkeymuppet New Member

This is such a hard decision, but here are my choices.

Grover- I'd love for him to be a waiter for us since he does such a great job at it.

Beaker- My mom loves Beaker so this could be her date.

Scooter- Scooter is my favorite Muppet so of course he has to come.

Janice- one of my other favorites

Floyd- He goes wherever she goes.

Don Music- He could play so music while we eat.

Sweetums- just because

Muppet Vegetables- We could all eat them!

Adios,
    ~Megan~
  18. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Hmmmm...

I don't think I'd invite Kermit or Miss Piggy, because everyone is inviting them, and they might be busy that night. So I would invite:

--Gonzo. I can't really explain, but dinner just wouldn't be fun without Gonzo.

--The Two-Headed Monster. Now, does this count as one guest or two?

--Rowlf. You know, I'm giving up on explaining my choices. There just is no logic to my reasons.

--Scooter

--Floyd

--Janice

--Boober (although he just might be too afraid of germs)

--Pepe (unless the Two-Headed Monster counts as two and Boober's not too afraid to come, then no Pepe)
  19. Ol' Buddy Bert

Ol' Buddy Bert New Member

Wow, this is a great thread!

As for my dinner party...

Rowlf - probably the best conversationlist out of all the muppets - wit and philosophy...plus being a musician we can all hang out around the piano going in and out of song

Gobo Fraggle - again...he's someone I can imagine sitting down with and having incredible time talking with

Mokey Fraggle - I wouldn't want Gobo to feel out of place as the only fraggle...but then again, he's Gobo and probably wouldn't care...anyway, I appreciate the artistic sensibilities the Mokey would bring into the evening.

Kermit - there's a lot of whimsy in him but he's also firmly rooted in himself...I really admire that.

Bear (from the Big Blue House) - I just love listening to him talk

Ernie and Bert - they're a great combo. Both of them have distinct personalities but complement each other so well. I think they would also bring more life into the festivities.

Fozzie - I like his earnestness.

that's it
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

gah, i wish I had a significant other;)

anyhoo, my Muppet dinner guests would include:

kermit(master of ceremonies, heh)
    pepe(how could you not include this guy?)
    beaker(my fave muppet, tho pepe is right in there too)
    red(very energetic!)
    wembley(this guy rocks, i can so relate!)
    mokey
    gonzo(another guy i can relate too!)
    clifford(another fave of mine)
    janice
    bobo
    digit

ok, i think im out of room for guests o_0