I'm an organ donor. LoL!

Slackbot

Reaction score

Every other April, either on April Fools' Day or my birthday, I donate my hair to Locks of Love, an organization which uses donated hair to make wigs for children who have lost their hair due to medical conditions. Well, today is March 32nd, and here's my donation.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Cool, good for you Slackbot. I did that one time, it's a great organization.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks. I've been donating every other April since 2006. That first donation cost me my closest 'net friend, unfortunately. She, being a long hair fanatic, went berserk and started posting nastygrams on my blog, then was outraged when I blocked her for a day to give her time to calm down. She never did get over it, unfortunately. Ah well.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Dude! That's awful. It's just hair, it'll grow back. Sorry about that.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Yeah, some people are like that. She just hates Locks of Love and seemed to assume that I did it to get at her. She really attacked me over it, and I don't need people like that in my life. So, when she didn't come to her senses, I just said bye-bye. Such is life!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Way to go! That's a great organization and such a neat cause.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
My hair's never long enough. Sigh.

And that "friend" sucked. How could a person be so hateful?

Slackbot

Reaction score
It takes me two years to grow my hair long enough to donate. An average person's hair grows a half inch a month.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
It takes me two years to grow my hair long enough to donate. An average person's hair grows a half inch a month.
I'm able to donate about every other year too. Especially when I'm pregnant, my hair grows super fast. I made my last donation about a year ago and I said it would be my last, but alas I've yet to cut it again.