I'm going to start Great Depression 2

D'Snowth

Reaction score
TV Tome has officially been shutdown. TV Tome was a major part of my life, but now it's gone. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to mope for the rest of the day while listening to "People Ain't No Good".

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I just saw that this morning! I went to look something up on show I saw this weekend that hadn't seen in years and it was TOTALLY different! I'm like "what happened????" Blah.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I just saw that this morning! I went to look something up on show I saw this weekend that hadn't seen in years and it was TOTALLY different! I'm like "what happened????" Blah.
I already posted the story in another thread, but it's more appropriate in this one. It's a terrible story, and I'm going to tell it terribly too...

John, the webmaster for TV Tome had recently sold TV Tome to the corporation CNet Games and Entertainment around March or so. This means they now own the site and calls the shots. Well, the decided to shut down TV Tome, and open up their own site TV.com. Many of us Tomers knew this was a bad idea, but since they're a big corp, they wouldn't listen to us. It was even my idea to keep the original TV Tome as an "alternative" site, but they took to this news as a "rival" site, and starting banning people and closing their accounts. (thankfully not mine). Although SOME people went ahead with the move, MOST of us hated it. TV.com is DEFINETELY worse than TV Tome; the layout of their site is too dark and looks sort of sinister, it's much to cluttered, not very well organized, to complicated to read information, and the fact that the only thing they take pride in is their "fancy" forums. I logged on to TV Tome this morning, only to find I was redirected to TV.com. I lost ALL of my guides, I never had a chance to complete my "H.R. Pufnstuf" guide. At least Movie Tome isn't going anywhere. But that doesn't make since to shut down TV Tome, yet keep Movie Tome. I even e-mailed John personally to convince him that this was a bad idea, and that people were upset; yet he never replied...now it's too late. Thankfully TheIcon (another Tomer) is starting the new "TVPalace.Net", a TV Tome replica for those who didn't want to make the move. Thankfully, I know I'll be able to retain my guides there. Until he gets the site up and running, The Great Depression II is here, and I'm the starter of it. :sympathy: :frown: :cry: