i'm gonna say it again...

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i'm gonna say it again.....................................

HOW
DO
YOU
MAKE
A
PUPPET
HEAD
AND
A
PUPPET
MOUTH
?
?
?
HOW DO YOU MAKE A PUPPET HEAD AND A PUPPET MOUTH???

Ryan

Reaction score
Calm down, man! If you wanna know there are some great books on the net with tips.... typing the same repetiitive post will get you nowhere. I'm sure people saw it, they just aren't sure. Maybe if you gave more of idea of what you want, people can help you.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
sorry scoot, just that, i posted that thread WEEKS ago and no replies.

scooter - you know, with all these users that have names of muppets, i kind of get a feeling like i'm talking to the actual muppet!...well, actually, i just like to pretend i am....

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Another reason people may not be replying is that there is no exact way to make a puppet head. God has made THOUSANDS of different creatures for us to mimic through puppetry, and there are endless possibilities of monsters and aliens for us to come up with. So it all depends on what kind of creature you're making. I'm sure if you think through it carefully and observe other puppets you'll have no dificulty making "a puppet head" that's right for you. It helps to get it all out on paper too -- draw what you want the finished product to look like then strip it to the basics (the mouth plate and the covering) and figure how to get from where you are now to the end. Experience is definately the best teacher, and it's VERY rewarding to look at your finished product and know you developed your own method of how to make it. Don't be afraid to be creative; that's what makes a puppet unique and original.

BTW, speaking of not responding :wink:, Ryan: I sent you a few e-mails about audition tapes and I'd really appreciate some feedback soon if it's possible. Thanks!

We sti' coo'!

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Ryan

Reaction score
Hee hee, sorry dude!!:eek: I'll get back to ya today!! :embarrassed:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I agree that this is too broad & general a question - there bazillions of ways to build puppet heads. What kind of puppet do you what to build? Alot of people explain what they are doing and ask for help with specific problems they are having.

Something else to remember when asking for help is to be patient and ask nicely. All the good folks here on MuppetCentral don't have to help anyone else out, they just like to. If people start being rude or impatient it's going to make those with knowledge much less eager to share it.
:smile:

doctort13

Reaction score
try the public library

I am sure that there are some books that have info about puppet building in your library.

Puppeteers of America sells books on their web site: http://www.puppeteers.org

Good luck, experiment, have fun :smile: