I'm having computer problems

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
My computer has been in serviced and I have a new mouse. I've been taking a long time to get it all connected up also because of some spring cleaning and rearranging we've been doing.

Unfortunately when I finally set it up today the keyboard wouldn't work. :frown:

I'm posting this at an internet cafe. Oh well. The entire set-up is 8 or 9 years old, so it can't last much longer.

Eventually my computer itself will wear out but I'll replace as best as I can afford. I will try to stay in touch whenever I can.

Thank you all for your friendship.:smile:

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Wow Bill, kudos to you for keeping a computer running that long. I've never kept a computer for more than 4 or 5 years. (With the exception of my old 486, which still runs.)

Honestly though Bill, you are probably better off upgrading to a whole new pc at this point. You can get a top of the line one now for less than $1000, including mouse, keyboard, and probably monitor too.

Trust me when I say it's way better to shop around on your time, while your old one is still working, instead of scrounging last minute when your old one dies. I speak from experience, I was home one thanksgiving weekend from school a few years ago and my laptop just fried. It was not fun trying to find a store that weekend, I'm not brave enough to venture out on Black Friday.. :eek:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Surprise. The keyboard has suddenly begun to work again just now.

I'll keep what you said in mind GonzoLover thank you. It's all just a question of how my budget is. I'm trying to manage it and save some money. At least I'm okay for now.