I'm on a flea market high!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Okay, so, like, Louisville has this HUUUUUUUUUUGE flea market that komes into town every so often (espeshully on big holiday weekends), and I hooked up with a female friend of mine yesterday (who I hadn't seen since her weddin') for some flea market fun---and boy, did I have some!

First of all, I got at---not one, but two booths---very rare "Mr. Men and Little Miss" figures from Arby's! :big_grin: I gasped and lunged for the first 3 I saw at the first stop (you kan ask Kim for verifikation), and I got Mr. Nosey, Mr. Bump, and Mr. Strong for only a bukk eakh! :big_grin:

Then at my last stop I found Mr. Rush and Mr. Daydream for $3.50 eakh---a li'l more, but totally worth it---I mean, you NEVER see these people anymore! Oh, and Sindy, if you read this, I saw Mr. Funny there---twise! LOL! But thanks for your help a few years ago!

Now, it was a VERY sad day for TMS stuff...I didn't see one hint o' Jani*e anywhere. :frown: Hardly any klassik Muppety stuff. Though I did find a kopy of "Big Bird Visits The Dodos" for a DIME---but I won't let myself read it till after I've seen FTB, whikh I haven't seen sinse Mommy Summers took me to the theatrikal release in '85.

And then I got a "Reading Rainbow" book---ya know, the ones they "read" on the show, and you fantasized about gettin', but your lokal and skhool libraries, like, NEVER had 'em? Well, I already had "Animal Kafe", my only RR piese to date, but yesterday I found "Simon's Book"! The one where the boy falls asleep, and his drawings kome to life, along with two ink pens and an ink bottle.

Oh yeah, and I found this book that just terrified me in elementary skhool, "In a Dark, Dark, Room And Other Skary Stories" by Alvin Skhwartz, but I bought it kause I be a big boy now, and it not spook me like bakk then. :smile: (Okay, well, the drawings still kreep me out some, but at least not as bad!---they also traumatized Kim---why would ELEMENTARY skhools keep skary stuff like this on the shelves?! :eek: )

OO! And ya know how "He-Man" 's bakk? Well so are the "Thunderkats", and I got their first two new komiks!! :big_grin: WEEEEEEE!!! TYGRA IS MY IDOL!! :smile:

Really!

He is!

Okay, and then, to top things off, I found *4* FRAGGLE THINGS WHICH I'D NEVER SEEN IN "REAL LIFE"!! (Only on the online). I got the book "The Fraggles Kooperate", and 3 fraggle PV"SEE"S! :eek: :big_grin: I got 2 different Boober ones, one says "1" on the bottom of his foot, and the other one says "2", but get this---they're 5 YEARS apart!! "1" was made in 1983, and "2" in 1988! Whoa...the Boobers are about an inkh tall, and I also got a li'l doozer one (a li'l taller than the Boobers, ironikally), sittin' kross-legged on his lunkhbox, pourin' koffee, and he's stamped "3" and was made in 1983. (The first Boober is standin' with a staff and holdin' his skarf, and the 2nd Boober is playin' a flutey-like thing).

So there ya have it---3 hours in the Louisville flea market at Freedom Hall, the mother of all flea markets, and I got me some treasures! :smile:

(This post was brought to you by anything but the letter "see"...)

Luke

Reaction score
A friend of mine went to a flea market also today and gave me a 1976 Fisher Price Fozzie plush - out of the box but pretty much near mint. It cost her about 20p which i think is like 40cents. Anyone know what the going rate for these is ?

radionate

Reaction score
Hate to break it to you buddy boy, but I've got those coming out of my ears. You forget I used to collect Fast Food stuff, and I've got a couple of gallon ziplock bags with all the Mr. Men figures. At last count (before my parents moved out of state, there were two boxes full of Arby's toys (Babar, Looney Tunes, etc.). Let me know what your missing, and if I ever get up there, I'll look and see what we've got. I'm planning on selling off most of that stuff someday soon anyway.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You have tons of Mr. Men and Little Miss?!?! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Nate might help me out!! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

:eek:

B--but, that means I'm at y--your mersy!

Oh NOOO!! Doesn't ANYONE else have any of these li'l figgers?!

*GULP*

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Sounds like a great adventure Byron. You're a man after my own heart. (But I don't really care for Heman and Thundercats. I have to draw the line here.)

All the cool Stuff Byron Likes that I like
_____________________________________ The line I drew

He-man and Thundercats

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by KaptKrouton
Sounds like a great adventure Byron.[/i]
Ooohhhh, it was! (But you already got that...)

You're a man after my own heart.
I--I am? :eek:

*gulp*

Well, I guess when ya got it, ya got it---no matter who gets it! LOL!

(But I don't really care for Heman and Thundercats. I have to draw the line here.)

All the cool Stuff Byron Likes that I like
_____________________________________ The line I drew

He-man and Thundercats
LOL!!

Quite, QUITE amusin'...and from a Yankee, too! :eek:

LOL

:stick_out_tongue:

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
What is a flea market?

When you say/type Flea Market I take it you mean a travelling fair. Does it have rides etc or is it just a 'market' that moves around a country?

PLEASE excuse my ignorence but I live in NZ so my life has been a little sheltered from your American ways!!!

Luke

Reaction score
A flea market is (i think) what we in the UK call a 'Boot Fair', 'Jumble Sale' or just a mass 'Garage Sale' without the Garages.

Lots of people standing at tables getting rid of assorted and unwanted schmoo !

radionate

Reaction score
Oftentimes Flea Markets can be one of two types of giagantic Garage Sales:

1.) They are normal people that set up a "booth" to get rid of their stuff

2.) They are "dealers" who buy other peoples junk and then re-sell it for a profit (what I think Byron went to)

I prefer the first kind, as you can often find goodies for a cheap price. The second kind often suffers from the dealers' belief that everything is worth big bucks, regardless of what it is. They often tick me off buy selling overpriced mass produce crud to novice collectors who think they are getting the best deal in the world on something thats worth squat.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
A flea market is (i think) what we in the UK call a 'Boot Fair', 'Jumble Sale' or just a mass 'Garage Sale' without the Garages.

Lots of people standing at tables getting rid of assorted and unwanted schmoo !
...schmoo?

Don't worry, I know what you mean, Luke. But...the choice of words...I mean...schmoo?

That one's gonna stick in my head the whole day.